Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-26-06 WT Review (Honorable Weddings)

by blondie 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

One day when I work out how to post pictures I'll show you my two weddings last year... one on a mountainside, the other in a Fiji schoolroom with a cheer squad of warriors (it was their present to us for the charity work we're doing there).

• restrangled
    restrangled

Blondie,

My Husband and I were married in a JW hall after I had moved away. My parents threw the wedding and we came back into town for it. (We were living 400 miles away)

My father had already resigned as an elder and my mother was in the throws of not knowing if she wanted to stay in the truth.

It was a huge affair as far as witnesses were concerned with an open bar, nice restaurant with a great dinner and everyone was invited including all of the stinking elders that had DF/d me and then had to reverse the decision not 3 years prior.. One of our long time DF'd family friends even attended. (No one left) My parents kind of considered it a "Kiss my A$$" to all invited. They spent $5000.00 on the reception...that was 27 years ago this month.

My uncle gave the wedding talk, and I absolutely refused to have any JW music what so ever. I walked up the aisle to Evergreen (Barbra Streisand) played on the piano by one of my talented cousins.

No one got out of hand, no one got too drunk and all those moochers that couldn't stand me had a great time.

r.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

No one got out of hand, no one got too drunk and all those moochers that couldn't stand me had a great time.

Except for my "wordly friends and family" who danced and partied like it was 1979

Restrangled you forgot to mention how a group of uninvited JW's crashed the party, drank the booze and acted like it was no big deal. That should be added to the list of rules. No "wordly" people would ever do that.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    for if that happened, many brothers and sisters might choose to leave. (1 Corinthians 5:9-11) If a couple invite unbelieving relatives or acquaintances, these will no doubt be limited in number, giving more importance to those "related to us in the faith."

Like when my father was df'd and I couldn't invite him. And my cousins, nieces and nephews. This is so sick. Invite a bunch of people who would abandon you in a heartbeat if you: Change Halls, get sick, df'd, da'd or hve some hardship in life.

tsof

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Well i'm a bit late replying to your comments, but one word comes to mind after reading it: Pharisees!

I dont get how they say one thing and do another? It must be a complete mindfield knowing just exactly what you can and cant do in a situation. I also note the negative tone used when it comes to things they dont like - such as large gatherings with alcohol, and yet quote the fact that Jesus went to one such gathering! The keep saying pay back to Ceasar, but Ceasar doesnt require couple's to be legally wed here in the UK, so why is it not ok to just have the wedding talk at the KH? In fact if you read the Bible you realise none of that is necessary, just take your girlfriend back to your home to live with you and all is well.

This talking out of both sides of their mouths was one of the first things that lead me on the way out of the Borg - keep it up WTS!

CS 101

• Borgia
    Borgia

Interesting review.

Thinking about it: why are these arrangements always put in a context of unchangeble eternity? We mortals canĀ“t even see beyond the next hour, day, year or decade. It places the vow on a level we cannot possibly comprehend or even live up to. What if your partner develops a dislike of the WT lunacy and becomes a moral degraded person trying to subvert your spirituality? Or just substitute this for unloving or whatever bad one can encounter. Surely you will love your partner even more so. (love, cherish and deeply, deeply respect....)

some countries allow several types of marriage communities:

a) living togwether in one house without legal registry or fiscal consequence.

b) fiscal partnership whether or not living together (duration: 1 year)

c) notary contract: any condition possible as long as permitted by law and current morals in society.

d) marriage standard

e) marriage economical

The problem with the standard marriage is of legal interest: either partners become automatically responsible for debts and obligations of the other for the rest of their lives....quite a legal ramification....

Economical has the option of securing assets for your partner when times of finanical contrains may appear....or may simply entail securing assets from your partner......

What woould happen if a couple would devise their own marital vows.......?

I had a discussion with elders how to view the situation where between a couple a notary contract exists. Can that union be considered marriage in WTS opinion or does the couple have to be married before the government official or the WTS official? They insisted upon the couple getting married before a government official. My point is that the union and the nature of that union is for a couple to decide.

Given the amount of divorces and the problems that come with it separation in terms of legal, economical , emotional ramifications, it is best practise to not only think about joining but about separation as well. You never know what live has instore for you. I have seen many go to ruin on their divorce.....

Maybe it is time for the spiritually enriching gb to accept the inevitable and conclude that it may be food in the proper time supply an addemdum to their happy family book: howto divorce. www.divorcceasfriends.com

cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit