Cary Verse - known JW Pedophile Arrested Again

by Gerard 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gerard
    Gerard

Convicted sex offender nabbed after boy found with him in car By Bruce Gerstman - MediaNews STAFF Article Last Updated:11/21/2006 07:10:03 AM PST

alt CARY VERSE, a convicted sex offender, has been arrested on suspicion of violating the conditions of his release. Since leaving jail, Verse has become a Jehovah's Witness who attends Bible studies classes. (MEDIANEWS FILE) WALNUT CREEK — Police took convicted sex offender Cary Verse into custody on suspicion of violating a condition of his release into the community, authorities reported Monday.

Walnut Creek police stopped Verse, 36, at 1:10 p.m. Saturday in connection with a mechanical violation on his car and found he was driving with a 14-year-old male passenger, police Lt. Tim Schultz said in a press release.

As one of the conditions of his 2004 release from Atascadero State Mental Hospital, Verse is not allowed to drive with any male passenger without authorization from Liberty Behavioral Health Corp., which contracts with the county to supervise him.

When officers realized Verse's identity, they contacted the state Department of Mental Health, which recommended Verse be taken into custody, the press release said.

A spokeswoman for state mental health department said Monday her agency will move to send Verse back to the state hospital, where he had completed a treatment program for sexually violent predators.

Verse declined an interview.

Sources close to the case said the teenager's parents had authorized Verse to drive their son.

Mental health officials say Verse has cooperated with the terms of his conditional release until now.

Verse did not break a law, Contra Costa sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said. However, he violated a condition of his release and is being held in county jail while the mental health department reviews his case.

Mental health department spokeswoman Kirsten Macintyre said no allegations of impropriety preceded Verse's arrest.

But, she added, "The boy's presence in the car was enough to cause concern in our eyes. It's the responsibility of the department to make sure that he doesn't reoffend and that we prevent problems in the future."

Verse was convicted four times of assaulting four males from 1988 to 1992. He assaulted a 14-year-old when he was 17, a 17-year-old when he was 18, a 14-year-old when he was 19 and a 23-year-old when he was 21.

When he was paroled from prison after his last conviction, a judge placed him in a special program for sexually violent predators in Atascadero state hospital on the recommendation of the mental health department.

Verse underwent therapy and received medical aimed at allowing him to rejoin the community.

The conditions under which he was released from the hospital were that he may leave his home for work and to see friends and therapists, but only during authorized times and in the company of authorized people. He is chemically castrated and must carry a GPS tracking device.

With his arrest, the state Department of Mental Health is trying to remove him from the conditional release program in Contra Costa County.

"We think he should go back for more treatment in a structured setting," Macintyre said.

Verse has lived on the Bay Point property of two defense attorneys since February 2005, after a search for living quarters that spanned several months.

Verse's landlord, Anthony Ashe, said he stands by Verse and called him an excellent tenant.

"He is a friend of mine," Ashe said. "He has been perfect in every way."

Deputy public defender Ron Boyer said a judge's decision to send his client back to the hospital would surprise him.

"The consequence of any rule violation certainly would have to be weighed with the whole picture," Boyer said. "It's not like every rule violation deserves the most severe consequences."

Deputy district attorney Brian Haynes originally agreed with Superior Court Judge John Minney's 2005 ruling to release Verse to Bay Point. Haynes was not available Monday for comment.

Verse can be held in jail for 15 days before a judge decides whether to place him back into the community, or back to the state hospital.

He is one of seven sexually violent predators released from the program since its beginning in 1995. Since then, one man has been unconditionally released from the program and another has been sent back to the state hospital.

Reach Bruce Gerstman at 925-952-2670 or [email protected].

• Gerard
    Gerard

Original thread, posted 3 minutes before I did:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/124462/1.ashx

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Thanks Gerard for keeping the vigil

• vitty
    vitty

His parents gave permission...........................are they nuts................they either didnt know or now trust him because he is a "brother"

Also how much do you want to bet his landlord is a witness too.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hey, he is fulfilling his divine commission to preach.

tsof

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks to the Internet, all the sexual predators/pedophiles are finding out that the KH is a friendly place to get back into the "game". The KH has made this bed for themselves. JW's who can't recognize a false prophet/teaching also seem to be unable to see a pedophile behind the smile of a overly friendly JW in their midst.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

All hail the Internet!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I'm new to this website. I see stuff about sexual abuse of children, but what about sex abuse of JW wives? This is the situation I've been faced with. My ex- would never abuse our children that way but felt absolutely entitled to...well...with me...regardless of my feelings on the matter or even whether or not I was awake. Even if I had a fever, for pete's sake! Besides his getting violent if I stood my ground, No [and giving a contemptuous "It's my due!"], I would wake up to him putting a towel between my legs to catch the drippings, after the fact. I don't worry about the sexual safety of children around him, but the adult single sisters--! If he were ever to get married again, I know his new wife would have the same nightmare problems with him I did.

BTW, he comes from a large family, and a year and a half into our marriage, he confessed to me about having molested one of his sisters for a while as a teenager. And this is not even the sister [sibling] who came forward years ago with accusations of molestation! The whole family dismissed her as a pathological liar. I've always wanted to write her and let her know that I believe her. And let her parents know what I know about my ex- and both his sisters. But I know they would dismiss me as a liar, too, with nefarious motives.

The elders know of the problems I had with him, but with no one having witnessed the individual incidents.... [The 'two witness' rule! Multiple accusers of separate accounts don't count!] There's more I could say, obviously, but at the moment, I'm so disgusted over the whole thing that I need to take a break. Does anyone have any experience/ advice about confronting and/ or informing family members when informing elders has already failed?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome to the forum.

That is a very shocking story and I suggest you start a new thread on it so you will get the responses you deserve.

My advice--forget about the elders and confronting the family etc. Go straight to the police. Yes, you can do that years afterwards.

And yes, you can report BOTH the crime against his sister (rape) and the crime against you (also rape).

Having sex with someone who didn't consent is rape, even if you're married.

And I do recommend you contact your ex-sister-in-law and tell her you believe her. It may give her comfort, and it may give her the courage to report it to the police herself.

Rapists do not rehabilitate or stop raping. Until prosecuted by the authorities, he will continue to rape again and again.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Thank you for your feedback. I have already gone to the police (had two orders for protection during the marriage--two separations/ reconciliations--then didn't bother getting a third one when I knew we were divorcing and he was moving out of state). The problem with reporting the crime now (and even then) is that there is no proof...he said/ she said is all it can get. And the likelihood of him confessing to authorities himself--yeah, right!!! That's part of why I felt his family should be informed. To support his sisters, plural--the one who spoke out and the one still silent--and so the rest of them have a more accurate idea of what kind of a man they are dealing with. By all rights, he should be a registered sex offender, but conviction is so unlikely.

Anyway, how do I start a new thread on here, and am I able to transfer this info over to the new thread without re-writing everything? I know the website doesn't want redudancy. I know what I can say from here: If anyone wants more specific details, I wrote about it last year on www.drphil.com. Go to archived shows, Nov. '05, the one called, "Conception Deception." On that page, search the username "blouic" to read the threads. There are a LOT of postings to sift through but, for some, it may be a real revelation--a very important one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit