Cary Verse - known JW Pedophile Arrested Again

by Gerard 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

moshe - "Thanks to the Internet, all the sexual predators/pedophiles are finding out that the KH is a friendly place to get back into the 'game'."

This hadn't occurred to me (and yes, I realize I'm responding to a very old post, but I perused the thread after it was bumped).

I'm well aware of the role the Net's played in exposing WT scandals, embarassments, failed predictions, etc., of course, but I also remember reading once about child molesters allegedly using the Net to pass on hints to each other about ripe hunting grounds and techniques to avoid discovery and/or arrest. Until recently, I'd sort of viewed the latter as a bit of an internet urban legend (as opposed to pedos using the Net to trick potential prey; that, I've always believed), but now, I'm not so sure.

I'd never made a connection between the increasing prevelence of child molestation stories coming out of the holes in the WTS's information dam, and the stories about pedos sharing hunting tips online; in retrospect, I guess I should have.

But then, it should also have been obvious to me that one of the many fundamental flaws in a conservative heirarchal authoritarian social structure is the fact that those characteristics can't help but foster an environment where child molesters are able to more easily function.

After all, how many liberal churches (who by and large embrace financial transparency, openness, and democratic checks and balances) have been involved in child abuse scandals? I haven't heard of any. I would argue that said transparency and democratic policies perhaps have the unintended effect of essentially "immunizing" a church against the particular problem of a pedophilic "viral infection".

Following that logic (and taking into consideration GB2.0's rrecent reiteration of WT policy regarding how reports of alleged pedophilia are to be handled judicially), it would suggest that the WTS is aware on a fundamental level that they are - and will continue to be completely - unable to stop any sexual abuse-related problem within the Organization.

This could be another reason why (assuming some of us are correct) it seems like GB2.0 is actively taking steps (subtle or otherwise) to increasingly weed out the fence-sitters, apostate-sympathizers, and generally "lukewarm" R&Fers. Lower membership = less fallout.

I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit