Well its over....

by kerj2leev 44 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

How did it all go wrong Kerj?? Was it in any way caused by the JW's? Or just the way things go sometimes?

All the best, maybe thinking of all the bad times as well as the good may temper your melancholy somehow!

Pope

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Kerj,

I'm sorry for your pain, I'm divorced too and remember the feelings. I wish you all the best as you move forward.

FreeChick

• choosing life
    choosing life

You sound like a very thoughtful, kind man. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Stay close to your kids and I hope you can eventually move on with someone who deserves you.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is sad.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If you're like me, even if it needed to end, it still has to be mourned; I never thought of my marriage as a practice run.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm so sorry... to echo what has already been said, it does get easier, but there is something particularly sad about the day that it becomes final. Thoughts are with you from all of us who have been where you are.. It is a good thing, and a good sign, that you could walk out of that court room remembering the good times. Life does get good again.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Kerj,

You will be able to move forward, I know it. Its really too bad, but there are good woman out there (I am sure you know this). You are also a great dad, you took on that responsibility and you will be rewarded.

Nikki

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"It seemed so lifeless, so everyday, that all these marriages were meaningless." I can relate to this. It's very surreal, isn't it? I was alone in the courtroom - just my lawyer, the judge and me. The judge asked me about ten questions that all had the answer "yes," and it was over. 11 years done in five minutes. And my lawyer was practically dancing a jig as we left because he was on his way to buy a marriage license. Six of Nine - you know what tomorrow is...19 years (would've been). Happy anniversary!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Sorry about the formatting - can't do paragraphs on a Mac.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Mouthy wrote:

reading this I too cried.... I am so very sorry!!! I think divorce is worse than a death!!! My hubby died after 40 + years ... I had memories like you also.... But yours is so much harder to accept... Try to meet other ladies because you sound like a keeper!!! it is HER loss I feel

Reading your initial post was so heartbreaking and poignant, sad and thoughtful. Keith, you know what I think of you (I hope!). You are an amazing person, and Mouthy is right - You are a Keeper!

(((((((((((((((((((((((Kerjy)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry for your sadness! This too shall pass - it often sounds trite, but it is true, nonetheless.

You do have real friends here, and you know who you can call anytime and she'll listen (it's me!).

GG/BG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit