Well its over....

by kerj2leev 44 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

After my GF's messy divorce from her JW husband was finalized, we went on a GF's week-end, 4 of us. She said that it was not a celebration because she thought she would be married to the guy forever, so she was very sad about the divorce. She said the trip was a fresh start and it was a new chapter and she was excited to see what it would bring to her life.

Fast forward 6 years later. She is remarried to a "worldly guy" who is wonderful. They have been married for a couple years now.

Not every sad ending remains sad. May this day of sadness be lessened w/ every passing day. May you find what you are seeking, whether it be a new relationship or freedom or both. Peace. L_G

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hello, I am sorry that you are having such a sad day. That the good memories flooded you is so sweet. I don't know what led to it, but you seem to have the makings of a man who can learn from the hard times and not be bitter. I hope you are both kind to each other. Children deserve that even when their parents don't! I wish you well and very much happiness. While today is an end, it is a new beginning. Like new year.

Shelly

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Condradu-dolences (((( Kerj )))) Divorce is always a mixed bag.

• delilah
    delilah

I couldn't help but think how sad this all was.

Me too, Kerj...I'm sorry. You have a big heart.....I helped my little brother go through a very emotional divorce....it is something I will never forget, and something I hope to never have to endure myself.

Thinking of you, ~Dee.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry for your pain.

I truly love my wife, but the JW religion thing is starting to be a problem between us.
    I am doing everything to keep my marriage together, because I don't want to go thru
    that pain, and I want to stay with the person I developed those wonderful memories
    with.
    I didn't mean to ramble there, I started to just say Sorry for your pain, but then I started
    thinking about what it must mean to you.

Sorry for your pain

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Been there.

Done that.

Got the t-shirt.

--------------------------------

It does get better. And I'm sure there was no other way.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I haven't followed your previous posts, but did the divorce involve the JW's in any way?

Outaservice

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((kerj2leev)))

Yeah, when it's over, it seems so surreal - all that potential gone. I wish you the best moving on and finding your way...

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((kerj)))

So sorry.....your post brought back memories to me, 8 years ago I lived that scene.

I was married almost 20 years and gave it my all, unfortunately he didn't give much.

Today has caused you a lot of pain but the tomorrow's will all get much easier. (as someone else has mentioned...) It really will get better

take care,

Codeblue

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I've been there so I know how it feels. Even if it had to be done, there's alot of pain and it takes time to recover.
    Just don't try to be the tough guy and hold everything inside, it's okay to let your emotions go sometimes. It definitely helps with the healing part.
    ((((((((((Kerj))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit