Well its over....

by kerj2leev 44 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I'm very sorry for you. I hope you end up happy and somehow this isn't for the worse.

• daystar
    daystar

I've been there. But for me it was just my lawyer, the judge, myself and a bunch of strangers... like hemplover, just "yes, yes... yes... ... yes" and then it was done.

It was depressing for a time, but it became very apparent that it was absolutely for the best. I'm so much happier today than when I was in that marriage that should never have been. No regrets as I have a wonderful son from it. But dissolving the marriage turned out to be a most positive thing.

Chin up. It will take time. Mourn as you need to. Remember that you have friends that care about you.

• zagor
    zagor

kerj2leev,
    I feel every word you say, and i know how hard it is, your whole world suddenly disappears and you're there alone by yourself while storm is raging around you and giving you bashing of your life. It is particularly hard when a child is involved. I find it hard even now to think about it. It took me quite some time to recover and to start trusting people around me again especially when it came to relationships. You feel almost why bother if once you give your heart away it is going to be stabbed again. But life can be strange story sometimes and solution to your situation can come from completely unexpected source. There is light at the end of the tunnel, you will see it in time, perhaps even sooner than you expect. Hang in there!

• Nellie
    Nellie

Cherish the memories - the divorce doesn't make them any less heartwarming or special.

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

Yes, there is no congratulations at all in that story. I hope you get all the comfort and support you need. Reading all the recollections about the past in your story made me very sad. I have a pending divorce and I know I will feel the same way when that day comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit