Suggestions for a cranky, stressed husband....all suggestions welcome.....

by restrangled 32 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

My poor guy is crabbier than hell. I have kept him well fed, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. I am calling on all men out there to tell me what to do and I know sex is an answer too, but is there anything in addition to this you guys wish for when work/life is stressing you out?

r.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Both rich food and sex can cure a cranky man.

Bryan

• Will Power
    Will Power

the book Men are from Mars women are from Venus says........a man's primary needs are....loving trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement. ..... and they need a cave to go to, to call their own, where they can think.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I join in when Crabby Pants is yelling and cursing everyone else driving on the same street as him. I cheer him on and after a while, he realizes what a jerk he's being. I kinda give his cussing them out a few, "YEAH! How DARE you drive down the same street and go about your business in a normal way! (Crabby Pants) is driving on this street so GTF outta tha way, mofo!"

It's either that or.....get tha gun!

Frannie

• parakeet
    parakeet

If he doesn't want to talk about his stressors, I'd leave him alone for a few days to work it through. Sometimes a concerned spouse hovering around creates even more stress.

• juni
    juni

Willpower said:

the book Men are from Mars women are from Venus says........a man's primary needs are....loving trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement. ..... and they need a cave to go to, to call their own, where they can think

I'm reading that book right now as my husband and I are in marriage counseling and I thought it couldn't hurt to get more input.

I laughed when I first read about the need of a man to go off into his "cave" -- be left alone for a period of time to kind of defuse.

Sometimes we women want to "fix" things when we should just allow them to retreat. He'll come around. If not --- let us know all right? Then we go to Plan B. lol

Juni

• restrangled
    restrangled

Great suggestions so far keep 'em coming from male or female......thnaks in advance~

r.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When Trev is stressed, which isn't often, he tends to sit back and listen to his favourite music, and I just leave him to it, giving him his own space for a while. I try to be extra understanding and loving when we do talk, and he usually snaps out of it fairly quickly.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    but is there anything in addition to this you guys wish for when work/life is stressing you out?

Yes.........................10 million dollars.

Warlock

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Tickets to Nascar, and he didn't go??? You better take him to the emergency room!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit