PROOF THIS JW Religion COULD BE THE TRUE RELIGION

by Dark_Princess 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vitty
    vitty

I noticed that you claim to know these things from the bible, cos you read the bible. But you then went into the "reasoning book" to "reason" with us. You quoted a couple of scriptures but can you really explain what the message of the bible is without the use of your books?

I dont think Jehovahs Witnesses are hated .........................People dont know anything about them except that they dont celebrate Christmas or have blood...............They dont know about the "Good news" they preach...............or their doctrines...........I mean most witnesses dont even know themselves.

I was a witness for 20 years and didnt understand that Jesus was NOT my mediator according to the WT

But in the bible it says he is

• uriah
    uriah

What I have found is this: The world only hates the JW's in JW-land, in their minds. I have yet to find anyone - except a JW or XJW - who actually knows what JW's believe. Ask anyone and they will say that they don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays, easter or any other 'Holiday'. They don't smoke or have blood transfusions. Everyone except JW's will die at the end of the world. They come round with the WT. Generally, people don't know what their message is because all they get offered is the WT. That is about it. I don't know anyone who actually HATES them. Most of the anger expressed against them is generated by themselves sticking to WTBTS mandates that even the WTBTS bend - Mexico/Malawi anyone? At best most people say 'No thank you' At worst most people tell them to go forth and multiply. This is taken as persecution and hatred and within the group mumblings becomes magnified out of all reason.

• Frog
    Frog

I think dear sweet thing that you are going to have a long road ahead of you in figuring out for yourself and through your OWN sense of reason that which you discern to be truth. Perhaps one day you will realise that it is an impossibility to expect all of humanity to conform to one prescriptive set of standards when it comes to their belief systems in order to nuture the wide ranging needs for spirituality. I don't honestly believe that jws are universally hates, people that know of jws tend to find them and oddity that's for sure, but i don't honestly believe most jws are hated. I realise this flies in the face of what most jws want though, they want to put themselves out there as being so very different, just to prove a point to themselves, I find it hardly "christian" to attempt to raise oneself so far above another in terms of your apparent standing before god and creator? so much for being salt-of-the-earth type people...JWs are not a persecuted people except when they are given commands from the top to go to an unnecessary emph degree to prove themselve as being "separate from the world". JW's aren't separate from the world, and they never will be, they are no better in most instances than their neighbours, and if you feel the need to be seen as different from your neighbours near and far then surely you would have to ask yourself why it is that you seek out particular favour among a minority group whose only reassurance in their chosen path comes from eachother. Good luck with it! x

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Welcome Dark Princess,

That scripture you cited said Jesus followers will be persecuted on account of HIS name. No JW's are persecuted due to Jesus' name. Hardly anyone even knows they believe in Jesus as they are always using the name Jehovah, not Jesus. Jesus was not speaking about a religion being persecuted but rather individual Christians for Witnessing about him. In many lands Christians are persecuted and still put to death today for simply preaching about Jesus being the worlds saviour. (gospel). We can hardly say that delivering WT and Awake magazines that deal with issues like grooming pets, exotic trees and animals, or WT doctrine is the message Jesus was talking about being persecuted for now can we? Look back at just the last few years and see how many magazines had anything to do with Jesus at all. I think you will be surprised to see how little this number is.

Its good that you are doing research. You may want to go back and look at the WT societies record of making false predictions. Also find out the true origin of some of their beliefs. Stick around here too, this board will help you find the real truth about things. Again, glad to have you here. Lilly

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Princess to the place that makes you think.

You have used the Reasoning book to verify that JW's are the true religion. Did Jesus authorize that book for this purpose?-NO! Do you suppose that you could win at Jeopardy every week on TV , if you picked the questions for Alex Trebek? Of course you could , but that would be cheating, wouldn't it? And yet that is what the WT Society does with it's literature. It handcrafts a book or articles that are custom fit for Jehovah's Witnesses. I know that Jesus told his followers to look after the poor, but have you ever seen anything in any WT publication exhorting the Kingdom Hall to look after the general poor? How about setting up a soup kitchen or homeless shelter like other Christian churches have done? And we aren't talking about some half-hearted efforts to help JW's in Louisiana and Florida after the hurricanes- The Bible says it doesn't count to look after ones own, as that is what the world does, too. It has to be for all the poor. JW's fail this test of the true Christian Church.

Every WT article will reinforce the notion that JW's are the one true religion, while ignoring any arguments that could suggest otherwise. It's kind of like the one-sided journalism you see in the Middle East when Israel is being discussed/condemned by Arab countries and the US is labeled the Great Satan for supporting Israel. You can recognize that as being biased, but JW's can't see the bias in WT publications. Dishonest journalism would not be the sign of the true religion, would it? Good luck and I hope you stick around.

• Frog
    Frog

what beautiful and logical reasonging Moshe :)) x

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks, Frog- that's why were are all here, isn't it? We reasoned our way out of the KH.

• Frog
    Frog

yes very true Moshe, and all without that little pooh brown book I'll never forget how friends of mine in my early 20s during my fading days picked up a few copies of the recent WTs I had and were really shocked at the way the literature was structured, with all their typical rhetorical questions, with prescribed answers backed up by other WT literature and own bible interpretations...I remember thinking yer I guess that is is a tad odd now, lol! Takes some time to see it through when it's all you've ever known. Hard for me to imagine how adults fall for it, I guess that much I'll never understand. x

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    JWs are not a persecuted people except when they are given commands from the top to go to an unnecessary emph degree to prove themselve as being "separate from the world".

emph degree? I think you mean nth degree, as in 'to an extreme degree'.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Witnesses only think they are hated by everyone. Anytime I tell my story, most all people have no idea what the Witnesses believe and couldn't care less.

Actually, I believe that the Jews would be the most hated persons on the earth. Just my view.

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit