This is so huge.

by La Capra 44 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congratulations!!!!

That's great news.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Excellent! Much more success is headed your way.

• misguided
    misguided

Congratulations!!!

You're right...that is HUGE!!!!

Terrific, Amazing, Wonderful!!!

Rose

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

WoooHoooooo!!!

fireworksstarsclap1clap1clap1

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful!! Congratulations for hanging in there and following your dreams.

A hug for you...mumsy

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Congrats LaCapra! Thanks for sharing the great news.

FreeChick

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

When I was 38, on November 17, 2006, at 18:25 PST, I learned that I PASSED THE CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM (and on the first try too!).

Good job and CONGRATULATIONS! That is huge.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Thank you everyone.

I plan to finish out teaching the school year-partly because I have several JW students that I am teaching how to think (WTBTS logic is no match for high geometry logic, I hope).

I spent most of law school clerking for the our public defender-you know, fighting for the rights of the oppressed and the accused. As my boss there told me on my last day on Thursday, "You have made a genuine difference in the lives of a lot of people, not just the clients you helped, but also their families who need them." (A hell of a lot more useful than waking someone up on a Saturday morning to hand them a 5th grade reading level tract.)

But, the area I want to practice is family law. I've had some job offers, but nothing that has set me on fire. I'm looking for a spot that will allow me the opportunity to do child advocacy, and yes, I am hoping to do some pro bono work for ex JWs with a good cause(child endangerment, abuse, parental alienation, and blood issues).

I may develop my repetoire to be an "expert" witness on JWs. I have seen so much.

This law school -becoming an attorney endeavor is the most satisfying thing I have ever accomplished. I chose it, it fit, and gosh durn it-I turned out to be pretty good at it. And besides, in my teaching career I have taught more than a thousand kids how to use the quadratic formula and how to do trigonmetry. I figure I can convince a judge or jury 'bout nearly anything.

I tell my stories for all the late teens and early twenties. A few short years of sacrifice can yield great accomplishment and rewards.

And as for the next few months? I hope to be able to take it a little easy until spring. I have been going full throttle, on all my cylinders now for four years. I really just need a tune up and a nap.

I'm going to bed now.

Shoshana

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

COOOOOOEEEEEEEEE, Shoshana!!

Kudos to ya, chere! That's a helluva success story for an xdub.

Have you considered having a chat with Kerry-Louderback re: becoming an xpert witness against the WTS?

Frannie

• parakeet
    parakeet

CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

"I may develop my repetoire to be an "expert" witness on JWs. I have seen so much."

Your expertise could be a godsend (no pun intended) to so many. Keep us posted as you advance in your career.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit