need help for a dissasociation letter!

by aikido1914 14 Replies latest jw friends

• aikido1914
    aikido1914

Please help me write a dissasociation letter to the elders and whoever else i need to let know, that i dont want to be involved or recognized as a jw. Tonight was the last straw for me, thought fading away was the answer but making a formal stand is necessary at this point... Dont respond if youve only heard of the process, i have no more patience for wishywash answers, i need real comment by real ex jws and ill know right away if your the real deal. I appreciate any responses to my request...

• gordon d
    gordon d

Without prying, Please let us know a little about your situation... why are you leaving?
    Whatever "position" you take will stay with you.....

Good luck and hope you find happiness and freedom.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My favourite DA letter fantasy is written in crayon on a used pizza box (with maybe some extra anchovy oil dripped around the inside - they have to file these in the kingdom hall forever don't you know)

"Dear cult,

You're dropped. Don't call me.

Sass"

Excuse me while I dream of doing that for a minute...

Okay, here's the thing; you didn't sign up to lifetime union or gym membership, it's not a phone contract or an enterprise agreement that you're breaking. They're the ones who want something formal in writing. They will ignore everything you write except the sentence that says "I am no longer a Jehovahs Witness", because that's all they need for what they consider a legal closing in case you ever want to take legal action against anybody. Personally, I think that's their problem, but if you want to finish things off, anything in writing that includes that sentence will do the trick. Anything in addition to that sentence is in my opinion a waste of your time and energy.

Hang in there...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/121697/1.ashx

Here is mine. Sent a few weeks back after 3 years of a 'failed fade'.

Good luck

Jeff

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I should have added: it's different with the people you love. You want to say so much to them. The only thing that really matters is that you love them and you hope that they will let you stay in contact. Important to use that wording; it's their choice to shun you, it's not yours.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

how about this?:

Dear

The purpose of this resignation letter is to inform you that I will be leaving my position with Watchtower Society effective immediately.

I have appreciated the opportunities that have been provided to me during the last several years.

Sincerely,

lisa

• Honesty
    Honesty

DO NOT GIVE THE PHARISEES ANY MORE CONTROL OVER YOU.

CALL THE P.O. UP AND TELL HIM, "I QUIT. THE WTBTS IS NOT A FAITHFUL SLAVE AND NEVER HAVE BEEN. THE GOVERNING BODY IS A GROUP OF APOSTATES WHO USED THE UNITED NATIONS TO GET RECOGNISED IN EASTERN EUROPE. GOD DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH DOORS BEING OPENED IN EASTERN EUROPE."

WHEN HE TELLS YOU HE NEEDS IT IN WRITING HE IS LYING.

THAT IS HOW I FIRED THE WITCHTOWER BABBLE AND TRICK SYCOPATHS.

IT WORKED.

BEEN 2 YEARS NEXT MONTH AND WHEN A JW SEES MY SMILING AND HAPPY FACE THEY RUN FOR THE NEAREST KINGDOM HALL.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi aikido,

Although I wrote a da letter, there isn't really a need. An easy way out is to go to a few meetings at another church, and make sure the elders hear about it. It won't be long before they announce you as no longer one of jehovahs witnesses.

If you do feel the need to write directly though, just put what your reasons are for leaving, and be as brief as possible. I wrote letters to several members of my kh as well, explaining why I was leaving, as I knew there would be gossip once I'd been announced, and I wanted those I was closest to to know the real reasons I had da'd.

All the best

Linda

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have always recommended that if you want to write a DA letter, write a heartfelt letter to all of those you dearly love whom you know will be shunning you FIRST. Send those out and have your DA letter to the elders ready to send out two days later and send it certified. Gives the first letter a chance to arrive and be read.

As for the DA letter itself, I agree...dont waste your breath on details. They wont read it.

Brothers:

Effective immediately, I no longer wish to have my good name associated with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, or the organization called Jehovahs Witnesses.

Do not call me. Do not write to me. Do not contact my family members with regard to this decision which is wholly my own. Any slanderous remarks made about me publicly or privately will have immediate legal ramifications.

Sincerely,

You

• LovesDubs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit