need help for a dissasociation letter!

by aikido1914 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Xirian
    Xirian

I don't even believe that I tried to fade away. I made up my mind and stuck with it. I am thankful for doing so.

When I wrote mine, it was very short and sweet. I was only 17 at the time.

I believe it was something like the following:

"Dear Congregation,

I wish to disassociate myself from the Jehovah's Witnesses. There are many things about your religion that I simply do not agree with. I can no longer sit on the fence and ignore this doubt. I appreciate the many things I have been taught over the years, but it is not enough to make me feel comfortable being a "yes" man.

Sincerely,"

Hope this helps a bit.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Why write a letter? The only reason why you need to write a letter is simply on account of their own procedures; why give in to their control?

My view for what it is worth is that you are simply demonstrating that they still have control over you; you are not contractually tied to them so why pander to their whims.

DB74

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You could spend days agonizing over the text of a d/a letter, you could write pages of good logical argument and personal reasons as to why you want out.

The P.O will speed read it , and get to the bottom line and forget the rest. He then calls the body together and just tells them that XXX has d/a'd themself and next Thursday it will be announced.

A week or two later the Secretary gets the letter to be kept in a sealed file. Nobody reads it in depth, nobody cares. Once you have denied the faith you are a nonentity with no more rights and of no more interest.

If you really want to do it, and I wonder what tangible benefit it brings?, a simple two line letter saying that you no longer wish to be a Jehovah's Witness is sufficient and saves all time and trauma composing a longer letter.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

You may wish to read our disassociation letter - it's a bit long, but you may be able to use some of the research that took us over 1 year to accumulate.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/52176/1.ashx

Kaytee & Twinkletoes

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

BluesBro - If you really want to do it, and I wonder what tangible benefit it brings?, a simple two line letter saying that you no longer wish to be a Jehovah's Witness is sufficient and saves all time and trauma composing a longer letter.

This is so true, BluesBro. we took about a week to compose our letter, and I can well imagine that the PO did speed read it !

If we could turn back the time, we would probably just do a one-liner or even fade away.

I suppose we did get some satisfaction compiling all of the info !

Twinkletoes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit