Can u order Watchtower/Awake subscription anymore?

by *jeremiah* 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I went to www.watchtower.org looking to sign up for a watchtower/awake subscription but didn't see anything like that offered. I would like to atleast flip through them each month to see the doctrinal winds of change. I also like to look for hidden subliminal demonic creatures in the illustrations. Do they not offer subscriptions?

It seems like the only place i find them these days is down the street at the laundry mat.

• breeze
    breeze

NO!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They were stopped in the UK when the wts stopped charging for the literature in the early 90's. I would think the same is true of the USA.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They stopped the subscription program a few years back now - I forget the dates.

The laudramat is your best hope unless you can get on a mag-route.

Jeff

• freetosee
    freetosee

Only if you have the sheep-like attitude and are making progress I was told when asking for that. Only in rare cases this is done due to cost reasons. fts

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Hmmmm....I wonder what their reasoning is on this.

Is it to keep them out of the hands of apostates like me?

• blondie
    blondie

Only if you have special circumstances; for example if you were in prison; or lived far away from the nearest congregation of JWs.

*** km 7/04 p. 3 Question Box ***

The only subscriptions that the United States branch will maintain on file are for those who cannot be served by a congregation publisher through a magazine route. If the Congregation Service Committee submits a request for subscriptions for someone who cannot otherwise obtain them, the secretary should include a brief note verifying that this subscription request has been reviewed and approved by the Congregation Service Committee.

How can a prison inmate obtain personal copies of the magazines?

If the congregation caring for the preaching work at a penal institution can supply the magazines to inmates confined there, then an inmate should obtain his personal copies of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines through the visiting publishers. When this is not possible, the inmate may personally request subscriptions by writing to the branch office. Please note that disfellowshipped inmates may likewise obtain personal copies of the magazines as outlined in this paragraph.

*** km 4/02 p. 7 Continue Benefiting From The Watchtower and Awake! ***

Those With Special Needs: If an individual displays genuine interest but lives in unassigned territory, an exception can be made to allow him to receive the magazines by mail subscription. If a person living in the congregation’s territory cannot be served by a magazine route but is sincerely interested in receiving the magazines, discuss the case with the Congregation Service Committee. If they approve, a subscription can be turned in for the interested person. The standard subscription forms (M-1 and M-101) may be used for this purpose.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Good job blondie! Go right to the source.

You've been trained well on using the Watchtower CD.

bczar

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The WTS is too cheap to pay for postage and brown paper to wrap the magazines in. They're busy paying for lawsuits.

• hambeak
    hambeak

RE: magazine route you will be deleted instantly and word will spread to others in the area if you are a suspected apostate I know first hand

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit