Can u order Watchtower/Awake subscription anymore?

by *jeremiah* 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

This was discussed last week & apparently I killed the thread. This is my comment to the previous ones on that thread. Does it make sense to you guys??? .................... www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/123772/2189410/post.ashx#2189410 ...... A light bulb just went on. --- I had understood from active JWs (my father et al) that the subscriptions for WT & Awakes were stopped because of the "high cost of postage". ... I never questioned it - just believed what they said (duh). ... CLAM noted the California v. Swaggart decision was on 1-17-1990. ... OnTheWayOut provided a copy of the letter from WTS to BOE dated 2-9-1990. ... It looks to me like it wasn't the cost of mailing that stopped the subscriptions - it was the Swaggart decision & sales tax. ??? ... Randy Watters booklet "Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses" pages 126 - 128 shows copies of correspondence from WTS dated July 1990 and Feb 1995 showing they were still insisting on a certain amount and if you didn't send it in with your request you didn't get what you ordered. (Sorry for the spacing - I'm using an Apple and haven't figured out how to fix it.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit