What faithful JW's do you pity the most?

by OnTheWayOut 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many of us have family in the borg, we are anxious to get them out,
    we might be very angry with the borg.

But who among the JW do you really just pity? Why?
    Is it elders, pioneers, retired folks w/o decent retirement?

I will start it out. Those women who started out young as pioneers,
    always got their hours in, never really advanced at work so they could
    continue pioneering. Their vacations (if their part-time jobs have that benefit)
    are used for assemblies and that extra Friday to meet with the other pioneers
    before Circuit assemblies. They never married, because they couldn't find a
    brother worth his weight in spirituality, but they are very outgoing- wishing to
    find a mate and have children (or work in the circuit work).
    Now they are between 35 and 50, many facing health problems. They hardly
    ever go out to eat, can't afford it. Their cars are usually 4-door brand new
    4 cylinder throw-aways that they keep for 8 years, then have zero trade-in value.

Every congregation has these women, they are dearly loved (usually, but some are snobby).
    Never missing from the KH, volunteering to make meals for the CO all the time, then
    including everyone else who was out in service to come to their lunch with the CO.
    The constantly put on the happy face, but probably cry themselves to sleep.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I pity the kids..Everybody else had a choice...OUTLAW

• lawrence
    lawrence

The children of this cult who have zealous parents - pioneer mom, elder dad, and 4 generations of door bangers. Especially the bright ones who see through the b.s. new light, hypocritical love bombing, and their parents two-faced behavior. Poor kids of cults! Next would be the elderly who await the FDS to tell them they did good! (Good for nothing slaves.)

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I pity the ones that are not a part of congregation life (maybe DF'd or just inactive) who still really believe that it is all true. They don't celebrate holidays or have worldly friends, but they don't have any social backup from the congregation either. And they think that there is something wrong with them, and God is probably going to kill them soon.

And it is even worse for the kids of these people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I pity the kids..Everybody else had a choice...OUTLAW

Good point. It's a rough life.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Gawd! This is a depressing thread! But, I'll pile on.

I know the sisters you describe - the faithful who have pinned all their hopes on a life in the New World to the point of living a compromised life in this world. So sad.

But, of course, the children are the worst off. By the time they have a choice, their most important developmental years, and often education opportunities, are gone.

• OnTheWayOut
  • My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

All of them that have missed out or don't understand the true concept of unconditional love...like my mother in law for missing out on being a true friend to her daughter and a grandmother to her grandkids. It's tragic.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I pity the kids who have been fed this crap from birth, and never known anything else, and the elderly who have spent thier lives waiting for a new system that isn't coming.

• Jobees
    Jobees
    They never married, because they couldn't find a
    brother worth his weight in spirituality, but they are very outgoing- wishing to
    find a mate and have children (or work in the circuit work).

So true! I am 30 years old and I grew up with two other witness girls. We were BEST friends, we did everything together and as we hit our 20's we were constantly at each others houses and hanging out with the cool guys from a neighboring hall. Two of us eventually married, but one girl, OMG, she's 29 and still single. Imagine being a virgin that long? But, she must feel so lonely, I feel bad for her. The funny thing is that she is so attractive and slim. We always said she could be a model. So, I never got it. Maybe she scared the brothers off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit