Was the Atomic Bombing of Japan Really Necessarry?

by frankiespeakin 71 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Also this is the home page of the Truman library were important documents can be found:

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/whistlestop/study_collections/bomb/large/index.php

• Terry
    Terry

Two things fascinate me.

1.The only nation to incinerate human beings with nuclear weapons is the so-called Christian nation of the United States.

2.Nuclear proliferation creates an impossibility. If everybody has nuclear weapons, then; nobody can risking using them.

Can this be why the U.S. wants to prevent other nations (so-called rogue states) from developing nuclear arsenals?

We could win any war anywhere in the world right now with the use of nuclear weapons. We choose not to. The nuclear weapons we do have are so expensive and so plentiful and yet are utterly impotent for us except as a psychological deterrent.

And, as a sidebar on all of this....

Why doesn't the U.S. threaten to bomb the Q'aba out of existence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Terry

Actually I think a story about an atheistic terrorist group who destroy Mecca and Jerusalem to teach believers a lesson would be rather good. Step aside Dan Brown, I'm firing up Word...

• Terry
    Terry

See that tiny little black square almost dead center? That is a bricked in cube covered by a black cloth and it is the holiest site in the universe for Muslims. It contains a meteorite.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    We could win any war anywhere in the world right now with the use of nuclear weapons. We choose not to.

Why? Because maybe we are not quite the villians that some think we are.

Warlock

• cyrus
    cyrus

IT WAS A WEAPONS TEST PURE AND SIMPLE

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I just want to throw in my two cents here, beginning with pointing out that I am not American.

First of all, the US did not start the war.

Secondly, is it more virtuous to kill people with conventional weapons? The bombing of Dresden was pretty nasty, too.

Is it justified to kill 200,000 people in order to bring to an end a slaughter of 40 million? Looking back on it, we condemn the action. But, if I were on a troop boat heading west out of Vancouver when the bomb dropped (like my Dad was), I might think considerably different then I do today.

By the way, my Dad's boat turned around after three days at sea, and he spent the rest of his term driving a jeep in Ontario.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

War,

We could win any war anywhere in the world right now with the use of nuclear weapons. We choose not to.

Why? Because maybe we are not quite the villians that some think we are.

Warlock

And, since the US depend on resorce from other nations, if they blew them all up with neuclear weapons, our afluent life style would cease. There would be no winners.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    And, since the US depend on resorce from other nations

Yeah, because we are not allowed to drill for oil in our own country. That's just plain stupid.

Warlock

• TopHat
    TopHat
    We should bring them home , put them guarding the borders , and growl like a pit bull dog when another nation or terroists even looks our way. Presto problem solved.

wvpeaches? How will growling like a pit bull stop terrorist who want to turn all nations into "ALLAH" lovers? It does not matter to Islm terrorist whether you are christian, jew or atheist. You will have to bow to ALLAH fives times a day or it's OFF with your head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit