Was the Atomic Bombing of Japan Really Necessarry?

by frankiespeakin 71 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

In short it was as necessary as genocide ever is.

DB74

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am in wise condoning the dropping of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. WIth that said I wish to say the following:

While there are some that have attempted to paint the U.S. as morally wrong for the actions on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I have to wonder why these same people are so silent on the morallity of the actions of the Japanese on December 7, 1941? Where are the articles questioning the neccessity and morality of the dastardly attack that Sunday morning? Or is it that people of this ilk wish to hold only the U.S. up to some standard that they are unwilling to hold other nations to?

While I believe that the U.S. gevernment should reflect on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the consequences of those actions, Americans should never forget why they went to war in the first place. I believe the people that want to blame the U.S. for everything that is wrong with the world, should first look at how the U.S. was dragged into World War 2. A war that the American people did not want to be a part of, but that FDR was itching and possibly looking for any reason to get in the mix with.

Therefore, I believe that the correct question to be asked is, "Was the bombing of Pearl Harbor really neccessary?" Where is the demands for the Japanese to be accountable for the horror, death and destruction they wrought on countless millions in the Pacific? Where are the demands for them to be held accountable for the cowardly sneak attack on a nation they were, at the time, in peace negotiations with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit