Help Me Understand Something-Education/Dating

by tarhillsblue 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some poster are touching on it, but I will just say it. You lack true understanding of the religion you claim to be a member of, if your questions were genuine. Go ask these of the elders, nothing wrong with what you ask. Even if you reveal that you are not what you appear to be, stick around and get answers. Welcome to the JWD.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    All I hear is that there are tons of single sisters in the congregation. But quite honestly I am not finding that to be the case. Specifically in the case of those that are young like myself, and having some form of a college education.

Oops! If you're looking for a woman with a degree, you better stick to the college campus. That's all I have to say about that!

• undercover
    undercover
    Tarhillsblue, something isn't right here. For being in Th' Truth for two years you haven't seemed to have developed Watchtower Speak yet??

And...

If Tarhillsblue is what I think it is, how come someone with so much college education doesn't know that it's Tar Heels, not Tarhills?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Tarshillblue,

Congratulations for achieving two master's degrees and working on your PhD. That is quite an achievement.

You will of course be in the minority within the congregation, as higher education is severly frowned on. Education takes time away from Kingdom interests that could be better spent on field service.

If you happen to enjoy stimulating intellectual conversations, you are unlikely to find it within the JW circle. This may be for many reasons other than not having education. Dubs don't tend to talk about politics/current affairs/or specualte because they're afraid of independent thinking and running ahead of the faithful slave. They also have to be neutral about almost everything non-dub related.

One brother in my hall is going to uni, his dad's an elder and disagrees with the Societies view on HE.

As for single sisters with kids, that too is becoming more common these days, either they're single coming into the truth or there husband left them afterwards.

As for single brothers of the ages you mentioned living at home, I wouldn't consider that to be because of the JW sub-culture. It's a fact of life, that paying rent/mortgage is very expensive these days.

Some young dubs may stay at home if they are regular pioneers and their parents are supporting them.

• SB
    SB

if you truly are a newly baptized 30 yr old college degree man, let me tell you what's going on with the selection of girls in the congregation (seeing as how i was one of those uneducated girls not too long ago):

most likely, with some exception however, they are going to look as cute as can be, go out in service as much as possible, highlight and underline their watchtower,be at every meeting and social event, and stare at you while you give talks on stage hoping they are making themselves spiritual enough to be your lawfully wedded wife. because you are the package deal - you can take them from pioneer mommy and elder daddy, and support her in HER pioneering while you put that college eduation to good use and bring home the bacon! eventually though you should probably work part time and join her in pioneering. maybe start a window washing business, she can clean houses part time. then, if youre lucky, if you have a degree that the WBTS needs at bethel (free labor), you may get invited to join that special aspect of priviledged service to jehovah. but don't cross your fingers on that one cuz i hear bethel is downsizing. :)

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

We were told often enough that "reading the Watchtower and Awake magazines was the equivalent of gaining a university degree!"

Bachelor of Stupidity;
    from the M.T.Head Campus of Awake University.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

just wanted to say: i love your name!!!! go heels!!! (or is it hills?)

oh yes! welcome!!!

• misguided
    misguided
    .you have more chance of getting a bj off the pope than you have of finding a fit sexy sister who is college educated not married not a single mum not a manic deppressive not a man hater closet lesbian.

rotflmao. Too funny...and TOO TRUE!!...and I was one of those single moms as a JW.

I'm now college educated.

I was on Prozac as a JW...and now I've been medication-free for years now...I now work in a doctor's office (for the last 5 years) and am doing FINE!!! Being a JW made me CRAZY!

My advice...don't date a JW!

Rose

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Where are all of the educated, single sisters in the congregation? I have 2 masters degrees and had began doctorate work. I just turned 30.

You've done well for yourself, sir. Aside from your queries about the dating scene...how in the world did you end up around the witnesses?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oops. I don't know why but I thought Tarhillsblue was a female. My mistake. Other than the gender slip my previous post still stands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit