I can't understand why the Witnesses think that the entire World is evil

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They need the world to be evil, and in dire need of improvement, to justify their activities. They say that the most important work they do is the preaching work, and claim that god's kingdom is the answer to mankind's woes. Thet use that to justify not giving to charity, helping the sick etc.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Witnesses may preach and know their bible better than the average person.

No, they can just find their twisted logic scriptures faster than anybody else. I can't recall the last time I saw a JW pull out their bible and find scriptures without the help of a Watchtower Publication.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They need the world to be evil, and in dire need of improvement, to justify their activities. They say that the most important work they do is the preaching work, and claim that god's kingdom is the answer to mankind's woes. Thet use that to justify not giving to charity, helping the sick etc.

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm the 8 marks of a cult composed by non-witness Dr Lifton 1961
    # 7 Doctrine Over Person

Human experience is subordinated to doctrine, no matter how profound or contradictory such experiences seem. The history of the cult is altered to fit their doctrinal logic.The person is only valuable insomuch as they conform to the role models of the cult. Commonsense perceptions are disregarded if they are hostile to the cult's ideology.

# 8 Dispensing of Existence

The cult decides who has the "right" to exist and who does not . They decide who will perish in the final battle of good over evil. The leaders decide which history books are accurate and which are biased. Families can be cut off and outsiders can be deceived, for they are not fit to exist! WOW this fits them to a 'T'

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was watching a program on TV last night that was called "Eaten Alive" or something close to that. It was about several types of parasites that eat us humans. It made a comment that half of all people that have been on earth have been killed by mosquitoes. I guess it depends where you live. Anyway it doesn't agree with this comment I saw here on this site.

But you also see the beauty of his creation in new and wonderful ways.

When you look behind the scenes at nature it makes you wonder how a loving God could have designed it this way.

Ken P.

• delilah
    delilah

This is so true....it also helps to control the masses, with "fear"....don't leave the protective shield of the organization, and go out into the evil old world, ruled by satan....

• hambeak
    hambeak

To me it is control thru fear. Yes there is a lot of evil in the world and as has been wonderfully stated a lot of beauty too. The jw's by keeping you fearful and believing that all the world does is about selfish kindness and having an alterior motive is bunk. How many jw volunteers do you see going to the elderly in their respective congregations making sure that the older and poorer ones have enough food shelter and clothing and maybe help with yard work? That is preaching that is witnessing not just going door to door passing out magazines and books but showing true love for ones family and friends. When is the last time there was and organized effort by a local KH to feed the homeless or fix a poor persons home that they don't know? Speaking out about local injustices or getting involved in community events to help a community or neighborhood or help with crime watch? Oh god I am sorry I am rambling but sometimes when I think about the bs rhetoric I believed and taught and swallowed the first 34 years of my life I want to puke.

• blondie
    blondie

WTS teaches Satan = ruler of the world

and

everyone but JWs are under his control

equals

everything and everyone outside JW/WTS world is evil.

Blondie

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    I can't recall the last time I saw a JWpull out their bible and find scriptures without the help of a Watchtower Publication.

I admire those who can. I need the appendix quite often.

bczar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit