I can't understand why the Witnesses think that the entire World is evil

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

In their black and white world, the JW's think that everything that isn't JW is evil.

Every day, I visit my dad at a nursing home, a place where dying people go, and I see so many good people, many volunteers, helping out the sick and dying.

Witnesses may preach and know their bible better than the average person. But I prefer people who don't know their bible as well, but have a heart and donate to the poor or help the sick and have compassion.

Maybe one day when the average age of Witnesses will be higher, maybe they will start to understand that there is more than preaching. When they start to ache and pain and become poor and sick, they might realize that the Watchtower is only a publishing company that doesn't care about their situation.

From a JW point of view, when you're poor or sick, you're not productive for their Org.

Once you look deep into the world, you will see evil, but you will find good people too. But the JW's are like colorbind people, they don't see the difference between worldly good and world bad.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Malachi 3:18

bczar

• JH
    JH
    18 So you will again ( A ) distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him

Yes, but serving God is not preaching only words. It's helping people and caring for them, spiritually and physically and emotionally.

• JH
    JH

1 Timothy 5:8

8 But if anyone doesn't provide for his own, and especially his own household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.

Preaching isn't all that you have to do to serve God.

• Warlock
    Warlock

A lot of that comes from 1John Chapters 1-5.

Warlock

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Why do they think the world is evil?

They need it to be evil. If it wasn't evil, their message would lack relevence and sure wouldn't be something that people should dedicate their lives dispersing. They need an evil world to hide their lies and false teachings as well. They need an evil world so they can explain us apostates. They need an evil world to maintain the pressure, for without the pressure, they have no control.

The apostate idea is one that I wish more people could see through. The watchtower society is well known for their legal prowess. They sue anyone they even reasonably think they can win and they have a very powerful and devious legal department. So, with all that at their will, supposedly including the backing of the most high God, why are there any apostates? Why haven't they all ceased and desisted or been arrested for libel or slander? Why can I call them a cult who have delivered false prophecy again and again and again and not fear legal repercussions? The reason is obvious. When I say they are a cult and when I say they are false prophets, I'm not lying. They're literature, proves it. Their false claims prove it. The facts speak for themselves. If I were libeling them right now, I would be facing some sort of legal difficulties with this billion dollar organization. But I'm NOT FACING ANY!

• Satanus
    Satanus

True. I remember in the seventies, when we were studying the revelation book. It went on and on about how bad/wicked the league of nations and the un were. I asked the conductor why it was so bad for the un to try to make peace on the earth. I couldn't understand how that was wicked. They called it 'the peace beast'.

The un does a lot of educational work. It has a huge positive influence by allowing so many different kinds of ngo's in so many different countries to affilliate themselves w it. It works at peaceably solving problems between countries as well. While it is relatively 'toothless' when compared to say, the us govt, it's slow, more peaceful approach, i'm sure, has many times kept international tensions from boiling over into war.

S

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    When they start to ache and pain and become poor and sick, they might realize that the Watchtower is only a publishing company that doesn't care about their situation.

I could write a book about how the congregation ignored my mother after she developed Alzheimers. My father and I were her caregivers for years with almost no help or encouragement from other relatives or the congregation. Then after my mother died, relatives came out of the woodwork to protect my father from his "wicked" daughter (that was me) because I stopped attending meetings. Incredibly, my father disinherited me.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not only do they think the whole world is evil, they pray that they soon die a horrible death. That is pure evil, if you ask me, to wish death on another person ... let a lone the whole world.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ needs Jehovah`s Witness`s to believe the entire world is Evil!..The WBT$ has a place for JW`s to hide from all the evil..It`s called a Kingdom Hall..You can hide in the Kingdom Hall,no one can see you..There are no windows..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit