The joy of being on a JW email list

by under_believer 28 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Today's offensive little gem:

These are funny for when you are in a fiesty mood!

A new way to handle those pesky little "conversation stoppers"

1) 'I'M NOT INTERESTED'

You might say:

"Well, many feel the same way, and they're called goats in the Bible. Let me share with you a scripture that talks about the fate of those goats. (Read Matt. 25:46) Do you want to get cut off? Do you WANT to take a dirt nap for eternity?!"

2) 'I HAVE MY OWN RELIGION'

You might say:

Well whoop dee doo! "Yeah, and I have MY own religion too. Its called the "TRUTH!" See I'm what you call a "Christian" (Make the double quotation gesture with your fingers.) You know what "Christians" do? They preach to people. Those that don't preach to people are on that "broad and spacious road." Here let me show you in Matt 7:13.

3) 'I'M TOO BUSY'

You might say:

"No you're not. You were probably watching TV or kicking back right? Don't lie to me. Do you know who the father of the lie is? It's Satan!!!................Is he your daddy? I think he is!"

4) 'I'LL READ YOUR LITERATURE IF YOU'LL READ MINE'

You might say:

Hey, this isn't a hostage negotiation here. I'm not going to read your stinkin literature! I came here to preach to YOU remember?........... Now, if you want to preach to ME, you'll have to get up off YOUR lazy behind, and come knock on MY door on a Saturday morning. But don't bother because I'm NOT INTERESTED in your beliefs, because I HAVE MY OWN RELIGION, and I'M TOO BUSY in the work of the Lord to READ-YOUR-LITERATURE-IF-YOU'LL-READ-MINE, JUNK! Then slam THEIR own door in THEIR face!

OKAY!!!!!! So who wants to make a car group for this weekend?

There is a time, I am sorry to say, when I would have found this funny, too. I bet it was really cathartic and empowering for whoever wrote that, and for all the people who forwarded it and laughed at it. They just can't wait for that Jehovah of theirs to kill all those worldly people.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

mam....I'm on all the wrong lists

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

That is revolting.

At no point in my life would I have ever been amused by such trash. That was the kind of stuff that made me feel the JWs didn't have the truth while I was in.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Reminds me of what one friend in Bethel once exclaimed after hearing some similar insensitive comment (don't remember what): "That's so dumb it takes a JW to say it."

• crazyblondeb
  • bigmouth
    bigmouth

I knew dozens of Wits that could have written that. And they wouldn't be joking!

Proper heart condition? yeah, right.

• vitty
    vitty

The JWs will laugh at it cos they can see the irony in it..................they will recognize how this is how they really feel

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

opps...dreaded double post. so sorry

lisa

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I chuckled...

• pippy
    pippy

4) 'I'LL READ YOUR LITERATURE IF YOU'LL READ MINE'

You might say:

Hey, this isn't a hostage negotiation here. I'm not going to read your stinkin literature! I came here to preach to YOU remember?........... Now, if you want to preach to ME, you'll have to get up off YOUR lazy behind, and come knock on MY door on a Saturday morning. But don't bother because I'm NOT INTERESTED in your beliefs, because I HAVE MY OWN RELIGION, and I'M TOO BUSY in the work of the Lord to READ-YOUR-LITERATURE-IF-YOU'LL-READ-MINE, JUNK! Then slam THEIR own door in THEIR face!

doesnt that just logically prove to them that people are not impressed to be called apon in their own home,and if someone did it to them, they would say Exactly the same things that people say to them,, because guess what... they are only human, and most people dont care what their beleifs are. how dare they think people will die just because they say , im not interested, i have my own religion and im too busy,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit