The joy of being on a JW email list

by under_believer 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

That email is supposed to be humorous? Jeezus.....It made ME uncomfortable for whoever wrote it just by reading it. It's kind of like listening to that obnoxious person at the party who thinks they're funny, but they're not, telling the same joke over and over....OOO!!! OOO!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'M FUNNY!!! TELL ME I'M FUNNY!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME DAMMIT!!!!

Annoying....

My thoughts exactly!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I liked, " We were born Catholics and we will die Catholics!!!"

My response" Yes. You're right."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think it's very funny, especially because we all know that no JW has the balls to actually say things like that to someone's face. Let them have their little fun with their foolish email. They are fantasizing about things they'd like to say, should they ever develop an ounce of courage. And if one ever does, he'd probably get the living shit smashed out of him in short order, and rightly so.

They are the most worthless and pathetic people on earth, and this email is just one more evidence of that.

W

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I received an e-mail from a sister in my congregation. She had hosted the speaker, who steps in as a CO 2-3 times a year. The good part is that they (2 pioneers, 1 elder, 1 elder/CO) were discussing how the Society must have this "we are the only to survive" doctrine wrong. No the bad part. Then the elder/CO said, "Hey, have you heard about the new book Brooklyn has stock piled to release after Armagedon?" Of course everyone says "No" and eagerly awaits more information.

He said, "It's called: When someone you hate survives!" Her e-mail said that everyone laughed, including her. The she asked, "WHY did we laugh?"

Justitia

• detective
    detective

What do they expect exactly? I mean, they come to your door on your day off to foist their religious ramblings on you (while they've got the meter going on their spirituality-o-meter, no less) and then they want to get pissy because you aren't interested? My goodness- was that what some of these people were thinking when they disturbed me at home? That's appalling. I'm sorry if they are frustrated because they are peddling an irrelevent, faulty product and everyone seems to know it except them- but that's not my problem. They would really have to have a huge amount of nerve to even think such things. That's an embarassment.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Justitia that's... that's just appalling.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Wow, and that is why I am not a JW. When I take part in witnessing work, it is to let people know how wonderful God's kingdom will be and that they will be resurrected in a wonderful place. Russell would be so sad to see what has happen to his wonderful message of Salvation of All.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I skimmed the 'humor'... and after thinking about it for a bit, it sounds like something that a younger person wrote - certainly not anyone of the older 'generation' of JWs might write.

Just my .02 worth.

Regards,

Jim TX

• M.J.
    M.J.

This email should be forwarded to other groups & posted on other DBs to show what JWs REALLY think behind their fake smiles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit