The joy of being on a JW email list

by under_believer 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

ok I laughed a little.

That is just the sort of thing dubs need to relieve the pressure. They need to know they're right and reinforce each other. Otherwise they have nothing.

• moshe
    moshe

interesting- "come to my house with your message- oh, I still won't look at your stuff or talk to you- so don't bother- it's a one way street with us JW's- don't-cah know !"-

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't imagine a jw actually saying that stuff to a householder, but I'd bet that's what they're thinking.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My head hurts after reading that. JWs have a terrible sense of humor.

• daystar
    daystar

It just makes me feel sad now. But I can recall being an insensitive little JW prick at one time too.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm happy to report that my (faithful Witness) wife got the same thing in her email inbox and was actually offended and told off the sender! We're going through some hard times right now but I love my wife.

Not all Witnesses are cut from the same cloth.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

U_B did your wife know the sender?

lisa

• Jobees
    Jobees

The senders elder body might be interested in knowing about that email. It'd be fun to see them get in trouble over that one.

The email also shows how angry they get doing the preaching work. There must be a lot more people fed up with their message now, compared to 7 years ago when I was in.

Sorry 2 hear that you and your wife are having a tough time right now. My dad was not a witness and it didn't always make life happy. My parents had to work extra hard to stay together. But, their 35 years strong now!

• under_believer
    under_believer

This email came to us different ways. I got it from an elder in our congregation; she got it from that elder's grown-up daughter. It was the daughter she told off (though in a polite way, since they're friends.)

I will not respond to the elder who sent it to me. They are already watching me because I don't go out in service.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

That email is supposed to be humorous? Jeezus.....It made ME uncomfortable for whoever wrote it just by reading it. It's kind of like listening to that obnoxious person at the party who thinks they're funny, but they're not, telling the same joke over and over....OOO!!! OOO!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'M FUNNY!!! TELL ME I'M FUNNY!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME DAMMIT!!!!

Annoying....

~luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit