Apologists--and your perspective of them

by The wanderer 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass
    Why do they do it?

Anyone who professes to being one of Jehovah's Witnesses
    knows very well that Jehovah's Witnesses are prohibited from
    visiting "apostate" web sites such as this one. So the question
    regarding this discussion is—Why do they do it?

Questions to consider

• Do they come on this web site to solely antagonize individuals?
    • Do they really believe that what they are doing is right?
    • Do you think they are in a state of deep denial?

I've always found that a lot of people dont follow the rules no matter what they do. The rules are for somebody else, like you and me. Given that there are so many differnt kinds of people, I would have to say that some fall into all three of your catagories plus my catagory. Plus some catagories we havent thought of.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Another reason I think apologist come here and post is, I dont think life has any meaning or purpose and coming here and posting gives them a purpose, it gives them structure. Everybody needs something to do to fill their hours on this planet, and thats what they do.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Wanderer is a fine individual (even though he's in the false swan song category). I just thought I'd comment on his formatting. The content itself is fine.

Warlock: Yeah it's a creepy avatar. I'll change it soon. It's Agent Smith from The Matrix.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Warlock: Yeah it's a creepy avatar. I'll change it soon. It's Agent Smith from The Matrix

I thought it was kind of creepy also but wasn't going to say anything in case it was really you. LOL

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Yeah it's a creepy avatar. I'll change it soon. It's Agent Smith from The Matrix.

Not to be "Larry like everything", but I like your avatar! Creepy, yes, but so in keeping with the creepy smiles we endured at the hall. "Hello Brother!" -- insert creepy smile -- "Nice to see you at the meetings again! Been sick for.. what's it been, three months now? Glad you're feeling better!"

Dave

• under_believer
    under_believer

AA, that was the reason I chose it. But like 5 different people have recoiled in virtual horror at this point. :)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hooray, a Wanderer question!

I love Wanderer's posts, I love Under-Believer's avatar (Agent Smith rocks), and in a way, I even love (and certainly try to be completely respectful of) apologists.

If I see a new poster on the board, EVEN IF THE STORY MIGHT SOUND A BIT FISHY (after all, fact is stranger than fiction) I generally try to encourage them to stay long enough to peruse the pages.

Granted, a lot of them might be trolls, but you know what?

• For one thing, the new posters are innocent until proven guilty, and for another thing...
    • WE ALL BELIEVED IT WHOLE HEARTEDLY AT ONE POINT. The fact that they are here might mean that they had enough doubts to come looking for themselves... but at the very least, if they stay here a while, they just might learn something.

Cheers!
    Baba.
  • looking_glass
    looking_glass

Under - I knew who it was but that might be because I love the Matrix.

Hey Wand-man, I thought you said your "ba bye now" a while ago. But then again I have not been around for a while, so maybe it was not a real good bye but a see you soon, hi I am back, kind of thing.

Anyways, I don't quite know what the term "apologist" means. Because to some peeps it is anyone who does not have a fire in their belly hatred for the WTBTS. If that is the case then I am an apologist. For the most I don't care what they do or do not know. I am indifferent to them. Only when their crap comes into my life does it get me mad.

• Mary
    Mary
    Why Do They Do It?

To start their time of course. If you do your first posting at 8:00am, that'll keep you going till you meet the group at the Hall. Hopefully, they'll be doing country territory till 11, then it's coffee break time, then some half assed return visits that you know full well aren't home, till noon. If they come back on here by 12:30, post another insane rant or two until 1:00pm or 2:00 pm, that's 6 hours they got in!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I came on this site many years ago under an old user name as more or less an apologist. I wanted to see what gossip was circulating in the underground about the org, cause I was diknew some teachings were wrong in the org, but overall I still saw them as the true religion to be defended. My intention was, in a nutshell, to try and help all the 'apostates' here get a better perspective on the org, as I saw everyone here as having thrown the baby out with the water. I think many apologists fall into this bracket, except for die-hards like 3witness (in total denial).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit