Hunters look at this DEER:WOW "Warning dead deer"

by skyking 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    more firearms available to the general public = more chances of accidents from firearms (because there are more out there)

And the less chance of governments committing genocide on their own citizens. I guess you could call it a balancing act. And the above does not take into account the times firearms are used to save lives.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The reason WHY American's are so disproportionately likely to kill when compared to other cultures with high levels of firearm availability is the one that warrants looking at.

Hey! You better be a smil'lin when you say that!

So, are you goin to skin that smoke pole, or just stand there and bleed.

And in all seriousness, I think many still live by the code of "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne.

• Zuko
    Zuko

Out of c uriosity what guns do the hunters on this thread like to use for deer?

• skyking
    skyking

I use a 270 for dear and Elk.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Abaddon: The reason WHY American's are so disproportionately likely to kill when compared to other cultures with high levels of firearm availability is the one that warrants looking at.

I think it is pretty simple, really. We have a society that preaches inclusion and integration while policies and the media reinforce models of distinction and separatism. We have a society that is hypocritical when it comes to drugs, sex...pretty much, you name it. While a "moral majority" preaches publicly a set of values they want legislated for all, they are none able to demonstrate their convictions fully in their own lives, nor deny their children's rejection of their values.

Americans are in turmoil constantly. Within societal turmoil you always find frustrated extremists willing to kill to get their way.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How about States that have Carry and Conceal laws now? It seems violent crime has gone down because of such laws. Besides without the 2nd Amendment we would not be able to kill dangerous or delicious animals or keep the King of England out of here.

From one of my favorite Simpsons shows...

LISA
    Dad! The Second Amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary days. It has no meaning today!

HOMER
    You couldn't be more wrong, Lisa. If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants, and start shoving you around. (he starts pushing Lisa) Do you want that? Huh? Do you?

And at the NRA meeting...

KRUSTY
    Hey, yutz! Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face.
  • delilah
    delilah

What a beautiful rack!! My family has hunted for generations, but they eat all they kill. They relied on deer, pheasant, wild turkey, rabbits and moose, to get them through the winter, for many years, and even when I was a baby.There were many racks from deer and moose that adorned the house and the barns.

I have seen the damage that deer and moose can cause, when you hit them...not a pretty site. Moose have put my father in the hospital on 3 occasions, when he was driving transport way up north. Totalled his trucks on 2 occasions.

My future son-in-law is also a hunter, and he got a beautiful wild turkey in the spring, and a deer.He eats what he kills also. I have no problem with hunters. They keep the population under control, or there'd be way more accidents.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    BlackPearl Don't come into my house you will see lots of dead things hanging on my walls. I can tell you probably have things that would bother me like posters of Rapper's or Heavy Metal bands.... Maybe a few satanic items hanging around. I do not know that you do but if I was to bet I would put money on it, am I correct?

Skyking - I think you're taking it wrong, I don't fault anyone for killing a deer or an elk. It's just not for me, I'm not into killing animals for the sport of it. On the other hand,...I won't tell you that I don't eat beef, I'm just not into killing it myself and taking proud pictures of it .

On your note regarding heavy metal bands....actually I listen to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and the like and country music. No satanic images, just some nice paintings and family photographs.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Wow! I'd have fallen out of the tree before I got off a shot. Marinate with Stubb's Wicked Wing Sauce overnight your venison before you put it on the grill. My neighbors and I really like it. http://www.buystubbs.com/wicchicwin.html

Quick question? If you don't like death, guns, pics of dead animals, whatever, why would you click on a topic that clearly reads, "Warning Dead Deer"?

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    Hope I didn't insult any "veggies" out there.

Vegitarian is an old Native American word for "bad hunter." How ironic.

bczar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit