Discussion on beliefnet

by siegswife 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• siegswife
    siegswife

I'm hoping that someone can help me out a bit with a response to someone over at beliefnet.

They gyst of the thing is this person keeps insisting that, according to some elders and active jw's they know, the WTS does not nor has ever claimed that a person has to be associated with the org to be approved by God. This person claims the WTS says that "christianity" is God's organization and that as long as a person conforms their life to the Bible they don't have to be a JW to be approved by him.

They also say that the WTS doesn't teach that all other religions are worshipping (giving honor) to Satan.

This person is saying that those of us who know what we were taught are somehow misrepresenting what the WTS has said in print.

She was provided with several different quotes from Watchtowers, the United in Worship book and the Reasoning book, but she still insistst that the WTS is being misrepresented. I don't believe she is basing her thoughts on the actual quotes, since they are very clear, but rather the information she's getting from the people she talks to.

I don't have the resources here to look up every time where the WTS has printed information pertaining to the above mentioned subjects and I was hoping that some of you could provide me with more instances where they have said a person needs to be associated with them specifically and that everyone else who isn't a jw is really honoring Satan.

I still can't get wrap my head around someone telling her that the WTS says "Christianity" is the organization they're talking about when they talk about "God's organization".

*shakes head in disbelief and disgust at their dishonesty*

Thanks,

Lea

• garybuss
    garybuss

Based on what she says, since there's no need, why would anybody want to be a Witness?

• Forscher
    Forscher

I have a similiar deal going with a poster on another forum.

The problem, as abundantly mentioned by many around here, is a form of cognitive dissonance. Your opponent is so disconnected from reality that anything, even if it comes from recent Watchtower literature, which doesn't square with their personal opinion is nothing but Apostate propaganda and lies. I personally lay out the evidence and enjoy letting my opponent in that case make a fool out of him/herself. In the end, I trust the rational thinkers among my audience to make their own minds up on any matter.

Forscher

• siegswife
    siegswife

Exactly! What she's saying doesn't make any sense in light of the WTS' mission to enlarge its sales crew make new converts.

At one point she was very critical of the WTS' so-called child abuse policy and in the process started coresponding privately with a guy on there who claimed to be an elder. He's one of those mind fucked people who get into explaining how the WTS (and the Bible) don't really mean to covey the thoughts that are being conveyed. You know, the type who's adept at using the convoluted thought process neccessary for one to remain a faithful JW.

I don't know for sure if the woman in question is deliberately "not getting it" or if she really believes what she's claiming. I do know for sure that the JW's she's conversing with do understand what the WTS teaches and are being very dishonest in the way they portray their beliefs.

If the JW's have "the truth" why are they ashamed to admit what the WTS teaches as "truth"?

Lea

• jstalin
    jstalin
    They gyst of the thing is this person keeps insisting that, according to some elders and active jw's they know, the WTS does not nor has ever claimed that a person has to be associated with the org to be approved by God. This person claims the WTS says that "christianity" is God's organization and that as long as a person conforms their life to the Bible they don't have to be a JW to be approved by him.

Isn't that interesting. If the WTS claims not to be god's channel, that "christianity" is, then why do JWs keep saying that they are the only true christians? Sounds like circular logic to me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What a lot of jws would say, and I would have said at one time, is that God, not jws, is the one who judges who will survive armageddon, so some who have not been jws may survive. That has always been their stock answer to the question "who will survive armageddon?" for as long as I've neen associated. In reality, they believe that they are the only ones who will survive, but they rarely publicise that view.

As for their summary of what all other religions teach or who they worship, the tract they're currently hawking door to door explains that quite adequately.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I frequent that board and know exactly who you're talking about. One minute they're disgusted with the Wt and the next minute everything is apostate lies. That particular poster has had article after article, quote after quote laid out before her and she still wiggles out trying to convince that what was said on paper is not what they really meant. Only she and the another poster really believe what she's postulating.

• siegswife
    siegswife

LOL

I don't know what frustrates me more...the fact that she's so adamant that people are misrepresenting the WTS despite the documentation to the contrary or the knowledge that some active JW's are deliberately feeding her false information.

And don't even get me started on how the JW's who aren't actively misleading her just sit back and let her go on with her claims even though they know she's wrong.

Lea

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/117414/1.ashx bait n switch jehovah is a happy god who loves everybody until you get baptized

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't know what frustrates me more...the fact that she's so adamant that people are misrepresenting the WTS despite the documentation to the contrary or the knowledge that some active JW's are deliberately feeding her false information.

I recently stopped posting there ( as "Mature Thinker" ) because of this insufferable person. "I" still have an active thread running there with over 300+ posts (the last I looked) and I haven't "said" a word over there in weeks, LOL!

I was SO sick of her know-it-all attitude and the fact that SHE knows from "talking" with her active JW friends....that she has a far better grip on the WTS teachings than anyone who posts there JW or former JW alike....despite claiming not to BE, or never HAS BEEN a JW. I have my doubts on that one.

She has clearly and plainly called some of us liars and has driven many from the board because they simply could not deal with her any more as she smugly sails off into the sunset to await her next target/victim.

She defends some of the most arrogant posters and as you said, no other JW EVER corrects anything errant that a JW says. They just look the other way. I was furious when she made a big stinking deal when I called a poster out on something she has said over and over and over again and NOBODY excet ME, made mention of it.

It was said by one particularly irritating poster that the WTS IS "the kingdom Jesus told us to pray for" and it rankled the daylights out of me. I kept asking if ALL the JW there agreed with this....and all I got was silence. The final time.....I was being put down for the old "leaving Jehovah and now I doomed" crap yet again----THIS by a lady that NEVER got baptized but has studied for a number of years. I asked if SHE believed the WTS was "God's kingdom" and the lady we are talking about here.....butted in and said she had never seen this "belief" so I'd better find it or shut up in so many words.

That board is impossible to FIND an old post on....and after several wasted days I said I could not find anywhere she had said it---but I HAD seen it, etc. It was just a matter of time before it was said again (I hoped) But she made a big deal out of it, picked up on it just to make me look stupid. I'm sure she was prepared for the "she didn't mean THAT the way she said it" nonsense anyway. It's her style.

I have seen her relentlessly bang away at one of my favorite posters..."Jace" and be downright nasty in her own "way". We both got fed up one night and both said we were tired of her deleting everything we said because SHE didn't "care for it"......and she deleted THAT too!! Two OTHER posters complained and their posts were also deleted...for complaining at how unfair she was. That was the last time I posted over there. Until she leaves....I won't be posting there again......and there are several that have expressed the very same thing. Writing to the administrator does NO good. I tred that route. What this gal says and does...goes.

And don't even get me started on how the JW's who aren't actively misleading her just sit back and let her go on with her claims even though they know she's wrong.

Yeah....it's quite maddening and shows how fragile their mindset is. They are too afraid to buck her and each other to maintain that stupid air of " seemingly common uniformity" that they so cling to. Hypocrites just like their Org.

Annie.....who has no use for hypocrites and bullies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit