Discussion on beliefnet

by siegswife 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Dunno what happened to that one blondie!

Try this one: http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/discussion_list.asp?boardID=28082

If that doesn't work I guess you have to find your way in from the homepage. Go to discussions, scroll down to debate, click that and then Jehovah's Witnesses.

The thread is called 'Curious about apologists' by freefromlies.

siegswife - maybe that's where the confusion comes in. I read it from my never a witness view and bearing in mind that the book was written in 1928 - before the "other sheep/great crowd" vs "anointed" classes within the JW's was introduced - that there were only anointed JW's and the great crowd was faithful non-JW Christians.

This suggests to me a massive change in doctrine - faithful non-JW's as far as I'm aware no longer figure anywhere in Jehovah's plans, whereas what was written in the Government book seems to say that they did.

Sorry I'm taking so long to reply, I'm posting between customers at work lol!

• siegswife
    siegswife

(((JT))) I think that she started on this mad course because of you! LOL

I remember when she first started hassling you and calling into question your integrity regarding your presentation of what the WTS says "in print". Now she demands proof "in print" and when provided with it claims that it doesn't say what it says.

She complained to me about "snippets" (I'm not sure if that post was deleted) and when I responded that I didn't understand how she expected people to provide her with the "printed proof" other than "snippets" she changed course and said she didn't have a problem with them, just the way we all mischaracterized them. On the other hand, it seems that she has a problem with the posting of copyrighted material too. She wants it all ways, it seems.

I wasn't around for the last round of bannings and deletions, but I'm sorry that she hasn't let up on harrassing you. I enjoy your posts...always on the money.

Sad emo,

I'm sorry, I'm a bit dense sometimes. Is this a new book or an old book or the re-release of an old book? I wondered about the reference to 1918, but the old geezers in NY probably think it still the 1920's so it wouldn't surprise me too much if they referenced it like it was just yesterday in newer publications.

Lea

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Siegswife

It's an old book - published in 1928 - BEFORE the anointed/Great Crowd teaching referring only to members of JW's came in.

Rutherford is clearly suggesting in the book that the Great Crowd were members of Christendom, not JW's.

As far as I know, there has been no updated version.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yep its pretty bad over there, i have been banned for 30 days

JT!!!! No wonder you have been among the missing over there! I thought that maybe that night when my (last) post followed yours and they both were deleted and you got disgusted with ST and left like I did! She really is a piece of work, eh?

BTW, I went there to check on my "thread" which has now run over 400 posts.....and discovered THIS today:

When the subject was brought up (yet again) that she is not and never has bee a JW but feels she is a complete and accurate spokesmen for the WTS teachings.....she demonstrates the JW style of "representation" on matters when she finally admitted THIS:

"you are correct; I am not a JW and I am not an ex- JW. Having said that I talk with JWs on a weekly basis and I attend services."

Loosely translated---(this says to ME anyway)....that she has weekly bible studies with a JW and that she is going to meetings!!!!!!!!

This would certainly explain a LOT of things and the fact that she defends (and overlooks) the nasty barbs that the JW posters toss out, while deleting anything that she feels makes the WTS look bad. I smelled THIS particular rat a long time ago, as did many other posters there!

No one has "picked up" on her comment to this, and I am patiently waiting for her to be questioned on this aspect.

Annie

• JT
    JT

yea she dogged me hard

but i had about 15 folks surfing the site and they were tripping out at all the deletions and flipflops on her part

she is the best testimony of why not to become a jw i can think of

actually she serves a valuble role and don't even realize it.

you got to love it

she actually does more damage than she can imagine

in fact i find typically when a jw attempts to defend some of the Goofy stuff of the wt it literally makes them look like fools

and we get all of that for freeeeee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit