Discussion on beliefnet

by siegswife 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Beliefnet has 3 different JW boards. Which one is it on? JW only, JW debate, or learn about JW's?

• blondie
    blondie

Is it possible to have the URL posted from Beliefnet where this discussion(s) are? I can't seen to find them.

Blondie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've managed to find part of it here:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/government/gov7.html (subheading "prisoners")

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/government/gov9.html (the whole Samson comparison)

especially this bit:

Samson saw that the Philistines must die. The "great multitude" of "Christians" will see that the Devil's organization, foreshadowed by the Philistines, must go down. Samson, with renewed strength, determined to die faithful to the Lord by pulling down the temple, wherein he was held. The great multitude of "Christians", as they feed upon the truth and see the situation, will take a positive and determined stand on the side of the Lord, at the same time knowing that by reason of so doing they will pull down the wrath of Satan's organization upon their own heads. Those who really love the Lord will resolve to die as witnesses for the Lord and on the Lord's side.

Their Reward

With authority Jesus stated that after the great witness to the nations following the year 1918 is finished there shall then come upon the nations a time of tribulation such as never has been known. That tribulation is Armageddon. (Matt. 24: 21,22) In that time of tribulation the "great multitude" will be completed. "These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes ... in the blood of the Lamb." — Rev. 7:14.

The robe is used as a symbol of approval. They will receive the approval of God because of their firm stand on the side of the Lord, preferring the tribulation that they might have his approval. That tribulation is now beginning. God has signified that he will

be gracious to them and will provide for them a place of service in his kingdom. He makes them the servants of the royal family or his temple, and they serve as messengers of the government. "Therefore are they before the throne of God; and they serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall spread his tabernacle over them." — Rev. 7:15, R. V.

They shall be servants in the King's palace, which means that they will serve under the direction and supervision of Christ the King. (Ps. 45:14, 15) They will not be of the kingdom, but they will be in the kingdom

.The whole book seems to be quite nice towards other Christians actually - but not the organisation, Christendom!! Had I been an enquirer back when it was written, I may well have taken the bait.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The thread on Beliefnet is this one:

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?boardID=28082&discussionID=539652

It's under the debate section.

• jgnat
  • siegswife
    siegswife

I'm confused, emo.

I can't tell from this that the WT is talking about a group other than the "other sheep". I think they've always speculated that there may be people who haven't been exposed to the WT's message who join the ranks of the JW's at some point. Are you sure they aren't talking about current JW's and maybe some stray person here or there that joins the religion during the great trib?

Or am I reading it wrong?

Lea

• blondie
    blondie

sademo, the link doesn't seem to be working...can you give me the name of the topic, who posted it originally, and the date of the last post?

Thanks.

• siegswife
    siegswife

This is great!

I started a new topic where I'm posting the quotes you're providing.

I can see where the wording the WTS uses in some of the quotes is generic enough that a person who doesn't understand the buzz words might not see the ominous message. LOL

I think that summerthyme has been provided with enough information at this point to understand where we are coming from though. I don't understand why she isn't able to connect the dots since she seems to think she can look at the situation objectively.

I showed sieg the text I was using to show her their position and told him what she was getting out of and he said that her position completely contradicts what he read. He's not interested in the WTS and he has no problem pointing out when I'm being unreasonable, so I trust that it's her and not me that has a comprehension problem in this dispute.

Lea

• Terry
    Terry

Why did Jehovah allow thousands of years between the so-called FALL OF MAN until the JUDGEMENT of MAN?

Seemingly to "allow time" for humanity to witness the nature of choice between making their own "corrupt" decisions (and thus siding with Satan the opposer) or acting on every word of faith proceeding from Jehovah.

Yet, Jehovah short-circuited his "time allowance" in destroying the world of mankind in Noah's day. In effect, Jehovah judged mankind already. He started all over again with "righteous" Noah and his family.

The entire mess began all over again.

Noah is used as a template for how God acts. Noah warned mankind about punishment for 40 years and then the rains came. Only those souls in the Ark were preserved to begin anew.

Jehovah's Witnesses claim the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the new Ark of salvation. They have been preaching a messege of warning for 40+ years and the rains DO NOT COME! The magazine articles point to clouds everywhere as signs of rain. But, the rains DO NOT YET COME.

This is due, they assert, to Jehovah's mercy to allow a little more time for conversion since he does not desire that any should perish.

There is a huge, gaping logical flaw in all of this.

If you hear the messege and reject it you die at Armageddon.

If you do not hear the messege and Armageddon comes you would be ignorant of God's offer and the details of his mercy. You would, in effect, be destroyed for no reason other than you are a human being and offspring of Adam.

This would not be justice.

Jehovah's mercy would have to allow the ignorant a fair chance to hear the story and make the choice.

Here is the logical flaw.

Hearing the messege of Jehovah's Kingdom and King BEFORE Armageddon is an inferior opportunity. Why? Because the world at large, the flesh and the devil conspire to make the offer seem silly and nonsensical.

Hearing the messege of Jehovah's Kingdom and King AFTER Armageddon is a superior opportunity. Why?

Because the world is gone with its corruption and enticements and distractions, the flesh is no longer corrupt and the Devil and his influence are under lock and key. Consequently, a clear-headed hearing would be available with the recently witnessed Battle of Armageddon proving conclusively the story wasn't crackpot mythology.

Why would anybody want to be exposed to the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses while it is still riddled with errors, guesses, wrong-headed policies and changeable doctrines when they would stand a better chance hearing a PURE messege of salvation on the other side of Armageddon??

• JT
    JT

Yep its pretty bad over there, i have been banned for 30 days

anyone who knows me, knows that i stick to what is IN Print and for that reason i was banned

you got to love it

JT aka JACE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit