Why would this even cross my mind?!?!?!?!

by Juniper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
  • becca1
    becca1

I think wanderer just made a pass at juniper...

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Juniper,

:Anyway, the thought that keeps going through my mind is "this never would have happened if I didn't leave" and "how am I going to find someone to spend my life with at this age and who will understand me the way an ex-jw can"???

That is residual watchtower bullshit that you've yet to scrape off the bottom of your new found-freedom shoes. Now like others have already said, Go have some fun.

Dismembered

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Becca- I was not gonna go there....

But Maybe he is just letting her know that there are a lot of apostadudes out there on the prowl? grrr baby grrr..

• becca1
  • fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Juniper,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, but hey, you're only 30, and it's far from too late for you! Going back to the org guarantees nothing anyway, there were always more women than men in there, so that "solution" isn't even worth a second thought, apart from what you'd have to do to get back in there anyway.

Relationship break - ups are never easy to handle, but they can be handled, and you are way, way too young to even think of yourself as being on the shelf. Please, make sure that the thought of going back to the jws is only that - a thought, don't act on it. Give yourself all the time you need to heal, and when you're ready, get out there girl.

It's never too late, and I'm living proof of that. I never had a relationship in my 25 years in the org, I just never met the right jw male, and after around a year out I'm living with the man I'm going to marry next June. It wasn't too late for me, and my avatar age is correct, so it's certainly not too late for you.,

Linda xxx

• Warlock
    Warlock

He sure did..................................BIG TIME! Warlock

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Now I've met the most amazing person ever who treats me like I've never been treated before. It wasn't planned, I'd actually vowed to myself to not get into a relationship too quickly, but to be honest it was so RIGHT and so fantastic that I wanted to pursue it. We aren't going at 100 miles an hour but we are totally in love.

Yep we are living proof that life and love does indeed begin at 30

No disrespect but your ex obviously didnt know which side his bread was buttered on and you are well rid of him; granted it might not seem like it right now, but it will very soon. Having experienced what you have in one way or another I know what tough time you must be having but it doesnt last forever, dust yourself down, lick your wounds a little then move on.

DB74 (Gary)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awwww (((( Juniper ))))

Really rough stuff. But believe me, you're not too old!

I got married at 18 years old to that good JW man. We both fell away shortly after marriage because I married into the wrong dub family, and I/we were treated horribly by my new congregation!

Since I married young, and as a witness knew I would, I chose to not have children within the first 5 years of marriage, giving us a chance to settle and be ready for children (I was married in 1975!) Well, at 5 years the marriage was soooooo bad, that there was no way I was going to bring a kid into that world, even though my husband kept at me to get pregnant because it would "calm me down" and "fix our marriage". Yeah, right.

At 40 years old, I re-discovered the love of my life - no, not that "good JW husband", but a man I lived with for 2 years back in 1984-86. We just weren't ready for each other then. We've been together for 9 nears now, living together for 7-1/2, and have a "to death do us part" commitment. We have financial reasons at the moment not to marry, along with the fact that the 11 years apart, I married and divorced 2 more times. (Remember, you don't have to get married just to have sex, or because you had sex!!! THAT took me a while to get...)

I've chosen to NOT have children because my life-situation during my "breeding years" were never conducive to children. I have mourned my choice, but I've been so happy that I didn't have the additional responsibilities.

Hugs

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

duplicate post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit