Why would this even cross my mind?!?!?!?!

by Juniper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Be strong. You are younger and stronger and smarter than you think.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

When I left my husband of 10 years I was 30. I thought to myself, "Who cares if I am alone the rest of my life? Being alone is better than being with HIM!"

Some men are nothing more than a ball and chain weighing us women down. If they don't lift you up, then get rid of the dead weight!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey Juniper,

An Apostafest is a meetup where all the ExJW's in the area have a mweekend usually where athey all get together and hang out. There is music and fun. Dancing and oh the apostadudes are so cute...but careful.....there are some real heartbreakers. Anyhoo. We, the women of the apostafest world are apostababes. Or so I am told. And we all get together and suport each other. Some talk a lot on heavy topics and some just party. Some are family oriented and everyone ends up just having a good time. It is strange some of the most fighting people in post get along just fine at an apostafest. I am not sure if there is a New York one in the makes right now. Maybe someone will post on this for ya.

Decki

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hi Decki!

Speaking of which..., you all planning anything out Texas way? I would love to stop by... Next semester I am not taking any classes, just studying for my comps so I could scoot on out for an APOSTAFEST!

btw, this is soo cool- all the 30-somethings are coming out of the woodwork!

WE ROCK!!!

-k

• Kudra
    Kudra

I just have to say this again, (and sorry if I am sort of hijacking the thread here) it is so awesome to see all these women that are doing such great stuff, have come through some crappy horrible situations and are basically starting their lives at THIRTY!!!

It makes me feel proud of all of you and also proud of myself. This really proves that if you DECIDE to take control of the direction of your life, you really can turn it around. I believe we all have, or really on the way to doing so.

WAY TO GO GIRLS :)

-k

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Hi Decki!

Speaking of which..., you all planning anything out Texas way? I would love to stop by... Next semester I am not taking any classes, just studying for my comps so I could scoot on out for an APOSTAFEST!

btw, this is soo cool- all the 30-somethings are coming out of the woodwork!

WE ROCK!!!

-k

Hijack alert! Well since you asked. I actually am out next week on Friday for a surgery, but Slayer Layer is staying here and we have Little Rock Guy coming in at Thanksgiving, or was until I had the surgery. He may not be so excited about it now, with a not so homemade Thanksgiving, but we are the three of us and kiddos and roommate having a good old fashioned "Christmas Story" Chinese Christmas. But at Thanksgiving. Have you watched that old movie yet? Anyhow, maybe you could come for that? I just won't be in the best of sorts as far as able to cook....etc. PM me.

• Jez
    Jez

I was 31 years old when I met my husband. The absolute love of my life and "soul-mate".

Take this time to find your best you. Look and live your best and be authentic. Do you really want to go back and live a lie, just to have a man?

Make a complete you without a man first so that you go into the next relationship being a whole, not looking to complete yourself.

Just my 2 cents. Jez

• sf
    sf

now here I am with my subconscious telling me to go back for support and to find a 'good guy'.

THIS is precisely the core motivation that drove my mother into this fraudulent "religion" when her best friend told her about "this guy I'm dating...". Ultimately, and to say the least, my mom ended up dating him. {my mom seems to have a pattern of a predatory nature...long after she concreted her life to this sham, she ended up marrying another womans ELDER husband, [after another elder she had her sights on, rejected her for another woman,] whom was the very elder who sat on three of her kids judicial committee meetings that lead to ALL of our disfellowshipments...geez, I'm not sure now how many elders she had her eye on....it's pretty embarrassing claiming her as my mother}

At any rate, if this will be YOUR core motivation as you state in so many words, at least don't come to MY door ACTING and peddling something you know is false, yet do it basically, to keep your man.

Thank you for your support in respecting my wishes, and I'm sure other "householders", if you decide to go back in soley for selfish reasons. How could you honestlky go door to door after returning anyway?

Harsh? Perhaps. Not any harsher than what is printed in the pages of the WT concerning dead children and those whom your preach AND TEACH{TRAIN CHILDREN TO PREACH} will die by the hands of your god.

Actually, I dare you to go back, for a man.

sKally

• becca1
    becca1

30 is an awesome age! You are young but have some maturity and experience. Real men will appreciate that. And having children in your 30's and even 40's is popular now. You have your whole life ahead of you, go out and embrace it.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I have to agree - big up for the thirty something ladies!

We attract 20 somethings who think we have a few more tricks up our sleeves. We attract 30 somethings who think we are their target market and we attract 40 somethings who think we are still young things.

We cant lose. Its an awesome age to be, and speaking personally the sex is better than its ever been (especially given it was crap for 10 years of marriage!)

On the other hand, you dont need a man to have fun enjoy life. Strictly speaking you dont need one to have a baby beyond the impregnation bit! Theres no such thing as 'too late' for anything anymore.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Juniper:

On the bright side at least you had a husband
    for a length of time. Imagine never finding
    someone to understand and love you.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

P.S. If it makes you feel any better I am
    single too.

Share this

Google+