Why would this even cross my mind?!?!?!?!

by Juniper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• freyd
    freyd

What would our world's be like without the internet?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Juniper, I did not see you come back to this and I am hoping you are ok. Are you ok Gal. It does get better you know? It has to. You will see. Just don't make permanent decisions on short term situations. That is all. Just worrying about you gal!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It is better the second time around in many cases. Don't feel like you're too old; that's just silly talk. :) My 2nd husband has never been a JW, and is an athiest. But he's very supportive, and has been such a help to me. You don't have to meet an ex-JW to have someone listen and support you. Give it time.

I know it hurts now, but it will get so much better. Trust me. I know.

• integ
    integ

I know how you feel. I am in my mid 30's and I dumped my wife for another woman who is 80 years old, but looks grrrrreeeeaaattt.

My ex-wife was good to me in every way, but I was so sick of her harping on me to get a job.

Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Love,

Integ.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so sorry that you are going through this pain right now. You have so many advantages in this in that you haven't had the kids YET, you are getting rid of an obviously unsuitable man and you are young, smart and able to go on. You can re-invent yourself in any way that suits YOU(or stay the same sweet person you are), find all the things YOU want to do, and then find a person (or NOT, your choice) that likes all of you for all that you are. This guy seems to have a history of unstability (2x in one year!)JWs are NOT a good fallback choice-look at the relationships that you read about here, the ones you saw personally and possibly still know of. The fact that you are not ever going to believe that nonsense dooms any marriage to a JW, even if he is truly a nice, good man. Thats not fair to either of you. Wipe the dust off your feet, and journey to a better place-its a good thing for you to do now. Shelly

• Terry
    Terry

Religion, belief and hope are like a family of identical twins. None of those twins will grow up to be any good.

They are spoiled rotten and they'll take you down.

Instead, you change WITH the changes and stop fighting it by taking control of who you are, what you want out of life and how you go about getting it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are constantly fighting change and vainly flailing about ordering the planet to behave the way that will fit their fantasy. Instead, it is they who erode and morph into a lying ghost of what they were the years before. Being a JW is about 3 kinds of lies.

Lie #1: The Watchtower lies about man's condition and his purpose and how to avoid the angry Jehovah.

Lie#2 The JW lies to himself and buys in.

Lie#3 The JW lies to others. Family, friends, neighbors and strangers and learns to live a double life gasping for oxygen in a stuffy roomful of carbon dioxide (the Kingdom Hall.)

The only guarantee in life is CHANGE.

We fear change because we can't prepare for it.

Fear makes us seek a zone of refuge even if it is an illusion.

But, joining a church (especially a dysfunctional cult) is like becoming a Trekkie. You become part of a group charade that makes you happy to belong while turning you into a freakshow the rest of the world stares and laughs at.

Marriage is a lot like religion, too. Why? It makes big promises of refuge and security that just aren't real unless a large amount of illusion and self-deception is pumped into it constantly.

Divorce is really one GIANT RELIEF. The air goes out of the misery and you get to stand up a free person.

The chains are gone. The slave is free.

But, you have to WANT a life of your own. Be your own best friend and concentrate on your STRENGTH while not wallowing in your weakness.

I recently went through a divorce after an 18 year marriage.

I'm just now beginning to see clearly how much of my time and life I wasted deliberately while pretending it was worth maintaining the facade.

Stop lying to yourself and your "condition" clears up quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit