Are You 'Dreaming of a White Christmas' yet?

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Jeff, a White Christmas in Florida? LOL

I will settle for the music, fun, and
    festivities.

Your friend,

Richard

(The Wanderer)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Its a beautiful gloomy Winters day here in Florida. It does remind me of xmass. Only I'm sitting in my shorts. But the ac is not on its probably like 72 degrees. But we got the xmass winter sky going on. This is my favorite time of year in Florida 1, Winter 2 spring 3 fall I dont like summer here in Florida.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    White Christmas in Florida? LOL

I will settle for the music, fun, and
    festivities.

Well, heck, Richard. Just light a palm tree, hitch your water-sleigh to a dozen funny named gators, grab a pina-colada and cozy up to the fire. You can play a round of golf for me down there.

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We don't usually get a lot of snow in this part of the UK, though we get the occasional heavy fall, so the odds are against a white Christmas. I'm just looking forward to the event, it'll be the second I have celebrated since 1980, and last year I didn't do much, having been not long out of the jws. This year I am a lot more up for it.

• RunawayBunny97
    RunawayBunny97

I am anxious for Christmas. Haven't started actually buying anything yet, still figuring out what to get everyone. I plan on starting my shopping this week sometime.

This thread made me feel christmassy (is that a word?) so I had to put Trans-Siberian Orchestra on...my favorite Christmas music. They'll be in Fort Wayne on the 9th...wish I could afford to go.

I usually go to the Embassy Theater's Festival of Trees and the Festival of Gingerbread. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some other apostates then.

Bunny

• XU
    XU

I'm still eating trickortreat candy. somebody help me stop!! JK. We are planning on a roadtrip east - Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, can't think of what's east of that. Maybe end up in Chicago. Who wants apostaguests for x-mas??

• mariposa
    mariposa

I am ALWAYS dreaming of a white Christmas....but I've never seen one at least that I remember. (We lived in Ohio when I was little and I know it snowed there)

We are debating a trip to New York City over the holidays so there's a chance we could see some whilte stuff up there....but my hub would rather go to Key West, where the only white stuff around will be the froth on the waves

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

my new wife and I can't wait to drop a lot of money on the four grandkids and all the family.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Where in Florida are you Floridians?? Foleyville. :) Im in western Lake Worth. It rained ALL DAMN DAY here today and my blue roof failed yet again...yes...isnt it glorious here in paradise. I did do some Xmas shopping online already. I rarely go into the stores any more except for odds and ends. I like shopping from my desk and NO LINES. I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving ONE TIME and never never never again!

Im from Chicago and miss the snow but only at Christmas :) Christmas palm trees just arent the same. I love my old fashioned tree that we put up every thanksgiving weekend. It helps take away the doldrums and ho hums.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The rainy season began as of 2:00 this morning here in Oregon. It's been so dry our hatchery incubation system was on the verge of drying up. We've had to pump water from the main river to insure egg survival. So, no, not interested in winter yet, or ST Nick and friends. Gotta get through the pilgrimage to California for thanks giving first before worriing about Zmas.

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit