Are You 'Dreaming of a White Christmas' yet?

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oh, Come on - somebody had to do this thread! Didn't they?

My stereo is rending Xmas music as I type this - a wonderful Celtic version of "The Christmas Song". Snow is flying outside my window - and I am getting in the Xmas mood already. In the next two weeks I must 'make my list and check it twice' for those on my Xmas card list, and do a little early shopping for the little elves that inhabit this place, hang some lights on the outside, and decide where we will place the tree this year since I no longer have to hide it from the local witness Grinches.

Chime in! Be honest! Is the spirit of Xmas hitting early for you?

Jeff

• south african beef
    south african beef

Dreaming of it yes, but that is all it remains here in the balmy Sout East of England - we hardly ever get snow.

Scotland and the North could be different though.

I am just beginning to enyoy Xmas time now, it was difficult when I first left the Wittos as it felt strange - now it's good fun but only having a couple of years experience of buying presents, I find it very hard trying to work out what I should but whom and how much?!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I am just beginning to enyoy Xmas time now, it was difficult when I first left the Wittos as it felt strange - now it's good fun but only having a couple of years experience of buying presents, I find it very hard trying to work out what I should but whom and how much?!

Me too. I have no idea really. We are out only about three years - so only our third Xmas this year. But I have always loved the music and the spirit of that holiday. Just a big kid at heart nowadays I guess.

Now playing; "Away in a Manger" on the album A Romantic Sax Christmas. Beautiful!

Jeff

• south african beef
    south african beef

I bet the music sounds great on a sax.

My wife sometimes drops hints as to what she would like, but being a man I either don't pick up on it, totally forget it or just don't listen in the first place!

Best to ask outright I suppose but then the surprise has gone.

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

Hey Jeff,

We are ready! The snow is coming down and yesterday was day one of Christmas shopping. We should do a weekend meet at The Fort for shop-o-thon.
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The snow is coming down and yesterday was day one of Christmas shopping. We should do a weekend meet at The Fort for shop-o-thon.

Absolutely - a mini-pagan-holiday apostashoptillyadropfest!!!!

PM me. We'll set it up.

Jeff

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Yep, already started the Christmas shopping. The wife and I were looking a pre-lighted trees the other day. Wow, they are expensive. Guess I'll just stick with the one we have. Can't wait till that special time of year.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

YES! I took a break from reading/posting here on JWD and wandered into the Christmas Crafts from a GOOGLE search......I JUST walked in the door from going into town where I was in Jo-Ann's Fabrics looking for patterns for making some things I saw online.

It has just begun to snow here too!

hugs,

Annie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Chime in! Be honest! Is the spirit of Xmas hitting early for you?

NO! My stomach's still full from Turkeyday.

W

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I am dreaming of being in Chicago for Christmas this year...I hope it's white! I haven't seen snow in accumulation since November '91 in Calgary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit