Have you ever had an encounter with a UFO?

by free2beme 69 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes, there was something I saw as well as my older brother and my mother. Also two nieghbors and their two kids saw it too, when I was around 11 years old. We were all hanging outside near our stoop (former New Yorker) and suddenly my mom looked up and seemed to be watching something in the sky. It was a metallic like object, cylander shaped and very shiny. It did not look like a weather balloon or anything we ever saw before. Anyway, the thing was moving around but suddenly stopped right above my mom, maybe several hundred feet in the air. btw, this was the middle of the day time so we could get a clear view. Suddenly we were all staring at it and asking each other "what is that?".

No one had an answer. After several minutes of it hovering it shot up so fast into the air and was gone in seconds. We all talked about that thing for weeks as we had never seen anything like it. It seemed to be "studying" us for it was hovering there for a reason. It made no sound at all and we were very quiet in deep meditation trying to observe it. The thing we all found erie was that it was soundless and we had never seen anything move so fast in our lives. It just jutted striaght up into the sky and disapeared.

Whether or not it was aliens I don't know but my mom mentioned it about 15 years later and she was still wondering what the heck it was. We checked the news that night and no one else reported seeing any odd object in the sky. I would say if was an "unidentified flying object" cause we could not identify it and it was flying. But I did not see any little green men so cannot rule out that whatever it was it may have been made by humans. Lilly

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, so Werner Von Braun got that 1950's movie made about his life as a rocket scientist. It kind of glossed over the facts of the V2 and the Nazi party.

It was called "I reach for the stars".

A New York Times movie reviewer misphrased as "I shoot for the stars". His one-line review was: "But sometimes I hit London". True story, according to at least the internet. Guess the reviewer still had a little red-arse over WW2.

PS -

No disrespect from me - he sure did get the job done for the USA space program...some say we simply do not have the means to build anything like the Saturn 5 today, no matter how much money we give NASA.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Three hundred years ago no one would have thought that you could generate electricity by spinning a coil of wires in between a couple of magnets. But our whole way of life has been transformed because of this.

It may be that travel to other dimensions/parallel worlds doesn't require anything more complicated than the technology that produced MRI machines or Super Computers or perhaps a particle accelerator. We just have to stumble accross one simple idea. The random aspect of discovery is the only obstacle to rapid scientifice advancement.

It could be that some Jar-Jars accidentally figured out how to travel between dimensions and suddenly you have some stupid beings popping up here and there. Or maybe there are teenagers or interdimenional Harley riders out for a joy ride.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I was in KC the other day and a B2 Stealth flew over - great machine - awe inspiring

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AuldSoul

Very few reports of interaction with humans are without the involvement, at some point, of a "Regression Therapist." Few enough that mental illness can easily account for that entire number.

Won't find me disagreeing. Add in attention whores who aren't regressed or ga-ga and I think the figure is 100%.

Perhaps they wish to preserve the quality of our water resources.

Why? There's water 'out-there'. Even if they have propulsion systems where the Earth being in a massive gravity well is not an issue, the most effective way of dealing with water pollution is a/ direct contact and technological help, b/ wipe out humans, leave for 10,0000 years, come back and c/ not deal with it, just lasoo a suitable asteroid.

Perhaps you are correct in your guess that they can manipulate biology to a significant degree, perhaps the most advanced species on earth (the cockroach) is evidence of that.

Prehaps faires exist and are invisable?

I obviously don't know that the cockroach is the most advanced species on earth, but I am guessing the perspective of ETs on special value is vastly different from our own.

And missing the obvious fact that unless such aliens have developed beyond a physical body and beyond a tecnology based society the ET's, having arrived through the use of technology, would see the obvious signs of technology as an indication humans were most alike to them in terms of capabilities and aspirations.

Perhaps Earth is being transformed into a planet suitable for habitation.

Perhaps Morons are right and each male Mormon will get their own planet to live on with their wives and will get to make babies to populate another world where they are god? There's equal evidence (the known and correctly labelled kind) of this and terraforming.

You see, each of your so-called "statistical probabilities" for which you don't even pretend to have actual statistics has an equally "probable" (a farcical notion in this context) counterpoint that would cause all of your statistics to be reworked.

By all means fault the actual examples; of course they don't have actual numbers attached, but it is the SCALE of the numbers and the PROBABILITY one can therefore BROADLY estimate for various scenarios.

I mean, please tell me what's wrong with saying;

If the number of researchers (interstellar travel civilisations) is low and the number of bugs (pre-interstellar travel civilisations) is high unless the researchers devote massive resources to studying bugs the probability of any one bug being studied is low.

... why not run with the idea and add or improve it instead of pointing out the obvious fact we are dealing with vast approximations? Why do you have to make-out such things are undeterminable when we can make reasonable speculations about the relative likilhood of certain scenarios?

And please be aware that similar calculations where all known variables ARE quantified come up with similar conclusions; here's one example

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6189

Could still be wrong but it's a damn sight more interesting than Loki's neck...

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am a skeptic of all this - just let me put that out there right now. I used to desperately want to believe in UFO, Loch Nessie, and the Bigfoot years ago. What is putting me off is lack of solid evidence after all this time.

Another problem I have with this is the explaining away of the lack of evidence this way: "These aliens don't really want us to know they are here, they are just observing us or taking some bio-samples in secret"...

Or, this one - "The government has known for years all about the Greys and the Venusians or whatever, but has kept it secret all this time."

OK - item one: If they are so all-fired secretive, they sure do manage to show a lot of flashing lights, inadvertant radar shadows, and even the occasional crash. You would think beings from across time and space could fly a little better than that.

On item two: Lucky the aliens only seem to crash in areas where their governement friends can do a quick lockdown on the site and give them a decent autopsy and burial. Seriously, have you ever heard of any government anywhere that can manage to keep that kind of secret that long? Hell, Nixon couldn't even cover up Watergate!

I say to believers, believe all you want, but I will wait until I personally see the actual saucers and the dead bodies myself. Or, at least until some really slim but curvy gray-green chick beams me up for some experimentation.

James

• freyd
    freyd

Always remember that demons have been prohibited from materializing since the flood(Nov 1st aniversary), but that doesn't mean that they can't play games with material objects. I had something happen the day before Halloween at my golf course. It's the third thing that's happened in the past 6 months. They want me to know they're around. Evidenly I'm interfering with their activities.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I had something happen the day before Halloween at my golf course -

Unexplainable double eagle on a long par 5?

Sorry, just couldn't resist it.

Seriously, don't you think that it might be most wise to give some careful thought to all this demon stuff? For example, that notion that they come down and have semi-sex with frustrated sisters at night?

I can think of a much more earthy reason for these reportings by the sisters...not saying that was the activity you were interfering with, of course.

• freyd
    freyd

People don't want to believe in demonic presence. Do you think all that went away in the first century?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ok - my opinions on demon activity...

Went away in first century? No.

Existed for real in first century? No.

Logically sound as they were prevented from having physical form after the flood, but were still allowed to float around and scare people? Hardly.

Logically consistent especially at this time (now that Christ has supposedly begun his rule since 1914)? Inconceivable.

Do people want to believe in it? Absolutely.

Look - no offense meant...I really thought your first post had been done in jest. If not, start a thread on Demons (instead of UFO) and I promise not to be so sarcastic.

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit