GoOdy NiGht!

by TheKings 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheKings
    TheKings

i don't know if that's the universal jw term for potluck nights or if all congregations have them but all the ones i went to had a potluck night at the book studies once a month.

does anybody have any good stories related to these occasions?

tonight my family is going to a potluck night and as usual they asked me to make something for it. i made pies with butternut squash which is just like a pumpkin pie :) last time it was blueberry cheesecake. i haven't been to a meeting in a year since the memorial that my mom asked me to go to, but i still make something for them to take if they ask. i like cooking for people even if i don't agree with the WTS.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    i like cooking for people even if i don't agree with the WTS.

So, news flash- you are a goood person, regardless of what the WTS says.

• TheKings
    TheKings

haha ...thanks

so you've never been to a 'goody night' ?

• Kudra
    Kudra

"goody night" -That's the exact term we used -once a month at the bookstudy, usually deserts instead of dinner-type food.

-K

• rebel8
    rebel8

We had goody night once a month too.

You should sprinkle some of your super duper Anti-Christ Apostate Smurf Dust into the batter next time. Or perhaps make some Devil's Food Cake...

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Oh man! I forgot all about that! I loved goody night. Gave you something to look forward to during the bookstudy. Some groups were better than others. In one congregation, it was nothing but crabby old people...so goody night kind of sucked. Everyone just sat around staring at each other, and if you tried to do something fun like play music or put in a movie, you could look forward to getting counselled at the next meeting.

In one fun congo though, we had our bookstudy at this eccentric old couples house (VERY sweet people), and they husband broke out a bottle of wine during one goody night! That was the BEST bookstudy I ever went too. They even had a room set up for the younger folk like myself with movies and videogames. We just had to keep the lights on and the door open. lol. I loved that couple.

~luv, jojo

• mama1119
    mama1119

We had goody night, but I didn't like to eat the food unless I knew whoever made it and knew their house was clean enough to eat the food they brought.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Yep we will be having 'goody night' this week too... I wonder if there is some unwritten rule that all bookstudies must have a goody night once a month, because that's exactly what we call it too. Even the group that has their study in the morning call in goody 'night' without thinking about it.

Brownies are always a hit, everybody loves brownies. Unfortunatly though our group is getting infested with old people, so all the fattening stuff is becoming rare.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We had that too! I personally think they should have made goody night every Tuesday, and hold the Book Study once a month. Attendance would probably be a lot better.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Exactly the same custom exists in my congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit