Born Gay?

by Sam87 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam87
    Sam87

Hi everyone, just wondering what your thoughts are on people that say they are born gay? Ive heard that this isnt actually possible, and that there is no scientific backing to it, im personaly not gay but i was just wondering what some of you think on this matter, and if you have anything to back it up with, thanks,

Sam87,

• TheKings
    TheKings

are we born gay? i dunno...are we born 'straight'? ...it depends on whether our sexuality is hardwired or whether we learn to be gay or straight.

• Sam87
    Sam87

personaly i think we are all born straight and everyone makes their own choice on where they go after that.

Sam87.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My guess would be that people are born straight or gay. Religion outlaws it because gays do not breed and religion needs new recruits.

• ackack
    ackack

The science indicates pretty clearly that people choose to gay as much as people choose to be straight, that is, in almost all cases, no choice at all. I doubt there is a "gay" gene, or that homosexuality is entirely genetic (it would appear that homosexuality is congenital as well). There is a correlation between homosexuality and testosterone levels in the womb.
    ackack

• TheKings
    TheKings

question:

would it make being gay wrong in any case?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Ive heard that this isnt actually possible, and that there is no scientific backing to it

With all due respect, where did you hear it is not possible? What are your sources for there being no "scientific backing"?

You are, of course, entitled to your own beliefs, but I would be interested to hear what facts you have access to that declares a genetic predisposition to be impossible.

• ackack
    ackack

question:

would it make being gay wrong in any case?

thats a moral question. the answer is, it depends on your morals.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I do believe some people are born gay. I have a niece who is gay and I was not surprised when she came out to the family. She always dressed and acted like a boy, and even wanted to be called "Joe" when she was 12.

I also think some people have traumatic things happen in their lives that lead them to being gay. It's just a thought, and I have no proof.

• TheKings
    TheKings

i think it's really about understanding...whether you question the morality of it. it's not like stealing, killing, or raping ... this is not something that is harmful to society in that way. if you think it's wrong then you're judging... and i find judgementality morally wrong since it's harmful to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit