Born Gay?

by Sam87 67 Replies latest jw friends

• TheKings
    TheKings

but that wasn't the question posed...sorry for getting off the subject

but to say that we're born straight means that it's possible for someone's sexuality to be pre-determined. sooo...that would make being born gay possible.

• Sam87
    Sam87

Big Tex -

I remember being interested in the subject a few months ago and looking into it alot, i cant remember what the websites were that i was looking at, but i remember that there was no actual proof that you could be born gay, it was said that there is more proof saying that you cant be.

Sam87

• return visitor
    return visitor

I did not choose to be attracted to women, I just am. And I know that there are some people who don't choose to like men, they just do. Then there are others that do choose that lifestyle. I had a friend in the borg who was a non practicing gay man. I had many conversations with him and he told me that if he could choose that he would choose not to be gay, but he felt that he was gay from birth. from as far back as he could remember he knew he was gay. So yes, even though there is not scientific that proves someone can be born gay, I do believe that you can.

RV

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I remember being interested in the subject a few months ago and looking into it alot, i cant remember what the websites were that i was looking at, but i remember that there was no actual proof that you could be born gay, it was said that there is more proof saying that you cant be.

I understand. Realize that just because a website says it's so, doesn't make it so. I would be interested in a long term study, one taking into account genetic and social factors, and one that would cover a great deal of time. At this point in time, I do not think there is such a study.

Of course the reverse is true as well. There's no actual "proof" one is born straight.

My own belief is that human behavior, and the human mind, is far too complex as to pigeon-hole behavior into a simplistic black-and-white compartment. I think anyone who says all sexuality is based entirely on genetics (i.e., what one is "born" as) is full of it. I believe there are many factors that go into making us who we are, such as life experiences both good and bad, family life, upbringing and yes genetics. And that's not even taking into account the choices we make along the way.

• vomit
    vomit

Here is some real scientific evidence.

11. Boys with older brothers born to be gay

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/sex/mg19125584.900-boys-with-older-brothers-born-to-be-gay.html
    If you're male each older brother you have increases your likelihood of being gay. Now it seems this is down to biological rather than environmental influences

http://www.newscientist.com/search.ns?doSearch=true&query=gay

• becca1
    becca1

Having worked with young children in schools I really believe some people are born gay. I've seen too many little children with definite gay tendencies , and sure enough, they grew up to be gay. I think it is popular today to experiment and so I am sure there are those who make a conscious choice or who consider themselves bisexual. But I've known too many people who just are not interested in the opposite sex just like heterosexuals are not interested in same sex relashionships.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I think almost all this is stupid. I am gay and knew it when I was very young. You don't choose your race color of eyes or ancestrey. So how can you choose your sexual orientation? When you know you are gay you go through absolute hell. Finally as an adult you say to hell with every one else and live your life. Come on folks people are people and all are just the same some are ugly in personality some are sweet. Religion has caused all the crap. Love conquers all Agape that is.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mother Val, the priest in our church is gay. She didn't know she was gay until she was thirty. She says she always knew something wasn't quite right about her relationships with men.When she fell in love with another woman, she finally understood. She is still friends with her ex husband and his family: they all think the world of her.

One of my grandson's godmother's said the same thing happened to her. She didn't know why her relationship with her beloved husband didn't ever feel exactly right. When she was in her thirties, she too fell in love with a woman and finally it all made sense.

I don't think you can make yourself be attracted to anyone. You either are or you aren't. San Francisco Jim, who used to post here at JWD, said he thinks it has to do with environmental influence on genetics, or something like that. I am paraphrasing him. I wish he had not stopped posting here. He made wonderful contributions to JWD.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I definitely believe a person is born homosexual (gay). I have a niece and since she was very very small she acted and done the things boys did, she grew up being the same way. She has never been interested in guys in a sexual way. When talking with her, and she will talk with me because I don't put her down or make fun of her like some in the family do. She tells me she has always wanted to be a guy and that she was just born in the wrong body, Like I said I first met her when she was 2 She is in her early 30s now and is still a "Lesbian" she has a girl friend with two kids whom she dearly loves. She takes care of girl friend and her two daughters too. So yes i believe that one is born "gay" its not an acquired taste.

• Sam87
    Sam87

personaly i dont beleive in 'gay tendancies' (bad spelling) for example, ''jimmy liked to play with dolls when he was young no wonder hes gay'' to me being gay is about being sexually attracted to a guy, not someone who likes girls things, to me you never know if someone is gay untill they say they are, gay tendancies like dolls, or makeup isnt gay, its just dolls and makeup, it has nothing to do with being attratced to the same sex

Sam87.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit