do you agree with this statement by the org?

by PaNiCAtTaCk 31 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

This was taken off the jw-media website Conscience Jehovah's Witnesses avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures, and they do not follow traditions that contradict Bible teachings. Emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles and the value of a sound, Bible-based conscience.—Matthew 15:9; 2 Corinthians 1:24.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Hahahahaha.

• snarf
    snarf

They just love to keep the cow dung warm don't they.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

the formating came up wrong and i cant change it:( Conscience is the heading.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

That is a joke, surely? I can think of, maybe a dozen rules that has no scriptural base right now!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do not: smoke cigarettes, gamble, vote, donate blood, speak with anyone who stopped
    being a JW, grow a beard.

Do: record an amount of preaching publishing every month, go to 5 weekly meetings,
    accept anything the GB says even if it changes.

I could go on and on about how they apply this statement.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

My Bible-based conscience tells me that the WT org. is one of the biggest scams nowadays. Would I be disfellowshipped for that? Hehe.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Ridiculous. You can't even make this stuff up - you can't out-do their outrageousness. I can't believe they can even print this with a straight face. Absurd.

Edited to say: Gawd! Am I getting stuffy in my old age? Well, sorry - but I call it as I see it!

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

I know, i was floored when i read there statement! They have a multitude of man made beliefs just like the scribes and pharisees.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

...and they have many books to put that rubbish in! That is so laughable. Whoever prepared that statement must be deluded or misrepresenting the Borg on purpose!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit