Would you bail your JW family out of a financial bind?

by unbeliever 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Underbeliever, you're smart to get legal advice on this and obviously you and your brother got the smarts in your family. Yes, I would tell your asshole of a stepfather off for being such an irresponsible dickhead. But of course, it wasn't HIS house in the first place, so it was no skin off his ass if your mother lost it all. Too many Witnesses "go into business for themselves" without having a clue what they're doing. And of course, with higher education being a no-no, virtually none of them have taken any courses in Marketing, Business etc.

You're smart to get the house put in your and your brother's name. Not only will this assure that the asshole stepfather can't do this again, but can you imagine a haughty elder having to accept help from his apostate stepdaughter? Talk about eating crow. And yes, his useless kids also need to get off their butts and go get a job......unbelievable!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm not rich, I work for a living, I cant bail anybody out of anything witness or not.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ah that sucks, sorry to hear it. I probably would, but they'd have to start treating me decently again. They'd never ask me though.

How are you feeling? How's it going with bub?

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

My husband and I already have. It was not a large sum of money for us since we both work and our financial secure at this point. I would also emphasis that grown children living in the house should be paying rent. Christian are suppose to be self sufficient

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Hope to one day be able to tell the story behind my answer here one day but for now, I'll just say,

No. I will never ever do that again,

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well we have..several times...and I might just as well flush it down the toilet because they remain fiscally irresponsible and continually in debt and in need and continually have kid after kid.

I have no say so because my JW husband says not to question or inquire about what he does with HIS family. However it was my idea to buy them a washer and dryer last year because they had one that was jeri-rigged and the dryer was catching fire which some brother gave them...Im like thats not acceptable...I bought them a new set with no strings attached for the kids. She home schools to keep her kids away from evil "worlldy" people like me, and she sells cosmetics from her house, and he details cars which he is teaching his oldest two baptised kids to do...and the have never in my recollection been out of serious financial debt in 20 years of marriage.

Would I ever allow them to suffer? Or be homeless or foodless? Hell no.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Hi guys thanks for the feedback. Bailing our mom out won't be a financial burden if we do it together. Both of us are financially stable. My brother was talking to his lawyer and he said he wanted to see my moms and her husbands credit report and see if mom has helped her worthless husband out with anything else. She says that is the only thing but the lawyer wants to make extra sure. He also advised my brother to get the companies books to see if they have been cooked in anyway and possible tax consequences for mom. I don't think the company is in her name. We will have to wait until the lawyer is done with this investigation to see what mess moms husband has made. We are going to pay Novembers payment. This is going to take sometime before we can get the big picture so to speak.

It gets even better from what my brother tells me. There is still equity in the house which is a very good thing but moms husband made the suggestion that the house be put in all 4 of our names. I was absolutely speechless. He told him to go f**k himself and to get a job. He says he is going to fly down there and see what all is going on. We all live in different states. I wish I could go with him but I am 8 months pregnant and cannot travel. My brother asked mom if her husband has even started to look for a stable job and no he has not. He told her that the stepkids needed to go and look for jobs as well. He was not going to support them. I told him he should just have them thrown out of the house all together and we decided encourage mom to leave her husband who is obviously a loser and a user. We will even pay for the divorce. I hope he did cook the books in some way. If he did we can notify the IRS and maybe even get him thrown into jail and him and his good for nothing kids out of our lives. If he is legit then my brother and I were talking about exposing him to his elder friends and getting him removed. He needs to pay for using our mom in this way. I know elders who have gotten removed for less. He cannot support his family and had to rely on his apostate stepchildren to do it. That should look really good.

Sass,

The baby is doing very good. I am due November 17th. I hope he comes soon. I am getting really tired of being pregnant. We have picked out a name.... Dylan Rhys (prounced Reece). I am not crazy about the middle name but his dad really wanted him to be named that. The spelling is kind of cool though. I have decided to try and make it work with the baby's father. I am not going to marry him or move to the UK but we have gotten a lot closer and are practically living together when he is here in the US. His goal is to live here in the US 2/3 of the time after the baby is born. He still has to spend time in the UK because of his business but since he is the owner he can decide where to run it from. I have no problem with him taking the baby back to the UK for visits (as long as he comes back). I might even join him on a few of those visits. So all in all I think we have been able to work everything out which is a relief to me. Even though we are together to protect both ourselves he has agreed to sign a parenting plan. We will share joint legal custody, and as long as he resides in Nevada he will have 50% placement should we breakup. I am so relieved all that is out of the way now.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I would help, in the situation you describe, but only with very specific legal clauses which put me in control of her finances. If she wasn't willing to agree to that, it would be throwing my money to the wind.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wouldn't do it if the relatives were loyal dubs that would shun me, it serves them right for their arrogance and cheek, why don't they get some help from the FDS or their brethern in jehovah?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Would you bail your JW family out of a financial bind?

My initial instinctive answer is no, especially if they shun you. Then I remember how my "worldly" father helped me out of numerous binds, even when I was a JW and an asshole, while the JWs laughed openly at me.

It took time, but his assistance did a lot to open my eyes as to what JWs really were as people.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit