Dear God ( warning might not be for everyone)

by lola28 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((((lola and sister))))))

I really feel for you both.

love

Linda

• choosing life
    choosing life

Lola,

So sorry for your sister's illness. Wish I could give you the answer WHY? But I certainly have not found it. In the lowest points of life, one sometimes screams to God and I have found the silence deafening. Just be there for her. That matters more to her than anything. And I hope for both of you that things improve.

(James) Are those your own words? Very beautiful indeed. I really believe that all that separates and torments us now will someday be gone- Pain, Suffering, Time , Space, but I couldn't have put it in a better way.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

c.l.

(James) Are those your own words?

I did not copy them, if that's what you mean. It's more from experience, and a heartfelt sense of what dear Lola is going through.

That said, they are not different from what my teacher as said (when words are used). I have one teacher with many faces; be it person, cat, wind or tree; and more importantly -- the face of the absence of all faces.

j

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

First thing that came to my mind was a well know phrase a friend told me once at a hard time:

Life in not about the destination, but the person you become on the journey.

All of stand as individuals, with our own personal and unique expierance. One of the great perplexities about life that has allways followed me around is the randomness at which this world issues forth good fortune. There are no rules that govern how much peace and happiness must be shared among earths global human population. In fact, the way this world distributes the beauty it has to offer to us more than allways is not fair. We can never be certain about what it truely will bring us, or what it might some day take away.

I personally do not feel our suffering is Gods fault, nor our fault. It is a product of this world we live in. We are all given a radom piece of this life to enjoy for better or worse. No refunds, no exchanges. No way to preselect the journey that will be ours.

Our life has been given to us. It is all we have. I wish you the best in your journey and hope you are able to gather the strenght to keep moving forward

-drew

• daystar
    daystar

Lola

If this is Lupus... She has Lupus, right? Well, I have a very good friend who also has Lupus. I had no idea for the first few years I knew her.

She functions quite normally and is in her mid-thirties and is quite healthy. Don't give up hope darling.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Peace

• avengers
    avengers

I feel your pain. Life isn't fair. It never was
    My first granddaughter was born with a heart defect.
    Right before she turned two she had an operation where they started
    without a heart lung machine. WT rule to do the surgery without blood.
    When things went wrong they could not get the machine going on time.
    She died, my poor baby.

yep, I feel the pain. I hope you will feel better soon.
    You will be in my thoughts.

Andy

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

LOLA (HUGS)

life is a mother and we have discussed this before... but i mean, your sister seems to be a strong little one... do not give up. lupus can be controlled and the victims can live normal lives.... fight with her... shell be ok

--the infamous one

• Mary
    Mary

Lola.......I'm so sorry. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lola, I am so sad for you and your sister, for the pain you are feeling, for your fears for her. Your post made me cry-I thought of my children, how their pain makes me feel. You know though, that having a sister that loves her like you do(like a mother!) is the most precious thing she might ever have in her whole life, now, but especially as she grows older and can really appreciate her sisters love. She is blessed to have you and you her. She probably isn't as upset about this as you are right now-you are anticipating so much. She is going to get through it day to day-which is the blessing that young people have. TMI-too much information-is the curse of being a grownup.

Please God, I hope you have a real person to hug, love and comfort YOU right now. Virtual love is real and sincere, but real arms around you are necessary in times such as these. Blessings to both of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit