Dear God ( warning might not be for everyone)

by lola28 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

(((Lola))) God didn't do it, God doesn't exist

My heart bleeds for you

• mama1119
    mama1119

(((((Lola)))))

• Iforget
    Iforget

Lola,

I posted here 1 year ago with the happiest news of my beautiful child being born. 2 weeks later it all came apart. "Normal" is not a word in my house anymore.

I am here and you can pm me anytime you like. Vent and rage here. You need the outlet. Remember you are not alone. Below is my new favorite quote for the week.

Fragile child, still awkward in your small body. I hold you as if you were made of glass, frightened of moving the wrong way. I am overwhelmed that you are mine, that God has chosen me to protect you. I feel helpless at times knowing that one day you will step into the world and that I must know exactly when to let you go.

Peace.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

(((Lola)))

I hear your anger at the unfairness of life, it's very randomness. There is no normal. There is no parallel universe where our perfect life without suffering resides. There is only your little sister and you, her big sister, who loves her. She needs you just as much, if not more than before. You don't have to fix anything. Just be there for her. The future is unwritten as of yet and none of us knows what it holds. She may be able to do a lot of those things that you fear she may not. Don't suffer now for her unknown future which may not unfold the way you think it will. Stay in the present moment. Just be with her now and keep loving her. That's what she needs most from you.

Cog

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

((((lola)))

I'm so sorry for you and your sister. When I wrote that I was relieved that it wasn't cancer on your other thread, I was, but I was quite ignorant as to what Lupus was. I asked my Mom about it, and its much more severe than I could have imagined. I'm so sorry for you and your family, its heartbreaking. The fact that its chronic is killer. It's ok that your angry and hurt, there's no redeeming thing about devastiting news like that. There can still be life though, and joy, keep your head up girl! I'm thinking of you and your sister tonight. It's a shock to the system, but your sister can still have a great life, there's nothing positive about the disease, just hope and possibility in spite of it.

all the best to you and your family

smellsgood

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to here about your sister's Lupus, Lola.

Lupus cures have been around for a long time and I believe some of them really do work.

If your sister does her homework well she will find a way out of the mess that a lupus diagnoses creates.

Research, research, research. Do not accept defeat as an answer. If her Docs treatment isn't working, find another one.

I wish you both well.

Cheers

Chris

• Alana
    Alana

{{{{Lola}}}}

I'll keep you and your sister in my thoughts. Don't let it get to you too much, as she will need your strength. Lupus is an autoimmune disease....I don't have Lupus (not all the tests were conclusive), but I do have a form of autoimmune disorder....where my body basically turns on itself and attacks my own cells like they were foreign bodies....so, I understand your feelings and/or fears......especially since this involves a young one. I think that's what makes things not seem fair...when they happen to kids. I knew a sister many moons ago who was diagnosed with Lupus and I know we all feared the worse. However, last I heard she was doing well. She had to change her lifestyle in many ways.....so to not get too tired or be in the sun, she also found some 'natural' things to take along with her meds (which helped her feel better). Bottom line, don't give up hope....there are all kinds of variations and degrees of this disease and many can live productive lives. I hope that your sister is one of those and that you can have a full lifetime together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit