Did you go to meetings while on vacation?

by LovesDubs 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Ugh...I did. Im so damn spiritual Id leave well oiled spots on your suit if you rubbed up against me. Yeah...I packed Kingdom Hall clothes and service bags to go on vacation. What the hell is WRONG with me??? We would go FISHING up in the middle of freakin Wisconsin where nobody lives but bears and really stupid deer and would get up on Sunday morning, find the nearest Kingdum Hole and sit through their Watchtower study. Isnt it a WONDERFUL ARRANGEMENT that Jehoover has provided us where you can go to any Kingdoom Hole in the world and get fed the same mind numbing drivel you could have gotten at home?? A one-size-fits-all religion. My poor kids.

We were treated like royalty tho...in those podunk back wood how-the-hell-didja-find-us halls with the parking lot full of pickups and boat trailers.

• Woofer
    Woofer

My parents would visit halls on vacation.

They would say "You never take a vacation from Jehovah".

We did visit this really nice hall in Canada once and they had some hot brothers there!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We did visit this really nice hall in Canada once and they had some hot brothers there!

Dammit I KNEW they were hiding somewhere! They sure as shit werent in MY hall. Lousy thieving Canadian congregations.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We did sometimes. Often our vacations were to visit family, who were also JW's, so we went to meetings with them. When we were camping together, we would go to Sunday meetings.

Once in Hawaii, when I was a regular pioneer, I went out in service several times. But that was fun.................seeing how they did it, and having a new experience. I have to say it was some of the most enjoyable times pioneering I ever had. The other pioneers (lots of them) were so much fun, down to earth people, very casual, and the territory was very interesting. (we don't stay in Honolulu, but in a residential area on the North Shore of Oahu).

• Warlock
    Warlock

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Once in 1987 and twice in 1994 - otherwise no- even my loyal Dub wife hates meetings while on vacation - to us a vacation is a vacation and that includes a vacation from meetings

• juni
    juni

We did a few times. When we visited friends in Austin, Minnesota and on Long Island where my husband is from. Otherwise NO. Not when we camped out.

You were always suppose to - the old line, "don't take a vacation away from Jehovah." Oh the guilt trips they tried to put on you.

Juni

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I did once or twice, but not on every holiday. If I went abroad, I wouldn't have gone to a kh if the hotel had been right next to it.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Normally we dont... unless its for a visit to see relatives and they expect us to go. I agree with Stilla, a vacation is a vacation from everything including stupid JW routines.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Not taking a vacation from the 'Truth'! My parents took us to KH wherever we were on holiday. My watchtower was prepared while relaxing in the tent for goodness sake. Yup, fun times.....NOT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit