Did you go to meetings while on vacation?

by LovesDubs 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Since we were pioneersâ„¢ we even offered magazines to gas station attendents and waiters whenever we stopped. We routinely left magazines for chambermaids in hotels too. we NEVER took a vacation from the Truthâ„¢.

W

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Depends where we went but often we did. If not still the Watchtower - good faithful Witnesses that we were.

• joe_black
    joe_black

The summer convention used to be the "center" of our vacation, every year in the same city, the same old amusement park, the same old restaurants, the same old mini golf and of course the same old boring message from the podium. When I grew up and out of the religion, I made sure my wife and kids were treated to wonderful vacations. No suits and ties, no polished black shoes, no dresses for the girls, just us in our shorts and flip-flops, kids playing on the beach, and my wife and I sipping margaritas under a palm tree.

• blondie
    blondie

If it worked with our schedule. Towards the end we visited congregations as if we were conducting a survey.

1) How many came 20 minutes early.

2) Value of cars in parking lot

3) If were greeted within the first 2 minutes of arrival (10 points); minus point for each minute later it took

4) Who greeted us, man or woman or child and status in congregation

5) Did meeting start on time

6) Read information board to compare to our congregation

7) Meeting attendance

It was very enlightening.

Blondie

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Speakin of going to meetings on your honeymoon...I was married on April 4 1987 and the MEMORIAL was a few days later and there we were. Funny....I never gave not going to it a second thought then.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Vacations???

My family's vacations consisted of traveling to Amarillo, TX, Reno, NV or San Francisco, CA the day before the district convention started, and then whatever we could do in the evenings during the district conventions. Of course there were trips circuit assemblies in Albuquerque, NM or Yuba CIty, CA. Great places for fun.

Growing up my family never went on a vacation anywhere.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No.

I went to Hawaii a couple years ago and wanted to go. My stepsis kept brushing it off and never took me! Ha!

Good for her for making sure I didn't go! Hawaii, and all I could think about was visiting a kh in Honolulu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit