Have you studied "Church History" to know that Christians murdered many?

by booker-t 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry
    The difference is that you are confusing followers of religion with authentic followers of Jesus.

Interesting logic.

And, a neat trick as well.

An "authentic" follower of Jesus would need to be defined.

In Texas the Baptists have a saying: "Once saved; always saved".

When you point to a Baptist who does egregious deeds the cop-out response is: "They were never saved in the first place."

The point of my comment being this. The guy who sits in the car outside the bank and doesn't point a gun at the teller or grab any cash goes to jail along with the rest because he is an ACCESSORY.

The so-called "authentic" Christians sit in the churches that approve the dirty deeds of history. If they tut-tut and shake their head disapprovingly of crimes against humanity it is no King's X for them. They too are accessories.

You have to stand up and be counted as a nay-sayer who resigns, walks out in protest and disavows the majority or else must be painted with the black brush of infamy along with the rest.

In my opinion, Christians are really just figments of Paul's imagination. The "authentic" Christians in the first century were Jews who clinged to the concept of Jesus as their Messiah.

All the rest of it is mere stuff and nonsense anyway.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terry:
    Hi Pal. I've missed your posts

The so-called "authentic" Christians sit in the churches that approve the dirty deeds of history.

I'm not aware of any church that approves the dirty deeds of history. To which denomination do you refer?

RGB:I'm afraid you're living in a WTS-inspired, anti-religious, pacifist, cloud-cuckoo land...

• Terry
    Terry

Terry:
    Hi Pal. I've missed your posts

The so-called "authentic" Christians sit in the churches that approve the dirty deeds of history.

I'm not aware of any church that approves the dirty deeds of history. To which denomination do you refer?

Hi Little Toe! Good to see your ugly puss in that little box again :)

The deeds of history are in hindsight evident for what they were. However, when they were being committed they seemed like great and noble causes. The crusades (at the time) were a church approved method of instant salvation. The Catholic overlords gave their blessings and the participants sallied forth willy-nilly to "glory" which turned out to be gory.

The recruitment of troops for WWI from the pulpits of churches accross the planet is well known now to be reprehensible. However, at the time this bully-pulpit seduction was a mighty fine righteous exercise in piety.

Jehovah's Witnesses were called upon to die (in effect) in Malawi while the rest of us wrote letters to the government in protest. What we now know we should have been doing is protesting the Watchtower duplicity which became bloodguility to the death that followed.

Religion is a powerful tool. But, it is the tool of men. These men are fallible. Often they are inadvertently corrupt in thinking they "know better" than the rest of us. When this happens the machinery of blind obedience cranks out destruction in the name of a higher power.

No religious deed of a heinous nature ever seemed corrupt and evil to the one perpetrating it. It seemed righteous and necessary.

That is what makes the danger of "faith" particularly susceptible to foul play. There is no logical barrier or filter that can stay the hand of power wielded by spokesmen for the LORD.

• trevor
    trevor

Christianity has primarily been used as a political vehicle.

The clever Romans were the ones that held on to power as Rome fell because they claimed to be appointed by God and separate from political Rome.

King Henry the VIII saw the potential and broke away from Rome making himself head of the protestant Church of England.

Those who follow the man from Galilee are a world away from the perpetuators of the Spanish inquisition. Unfortunately many sincere people have been caught up in a power struggle that has abused Christianity.

I do not think they are guilty of the churches past crimes anymore than I am guilty for black slave trading just because I am white. I suppose the difference is that I have no choice what colour I am whereas Christianity is a choice.

For my money I avoid any following that requires me put aside my power of reasoning or personal experience in favour of belief or faith.

trevor

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The difference between authentic Christians who follow Jesus, and those who follow religion are clear to see. For the last 2000 years there have always been people willing to die for Jesus. In WW2 Christians, hid Jews from the Nazi's knowing that when they would be found they would face the same fate as those they were trying to protect. There are eyewitness testimonies about this. Read Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hiding Place" and "The Pastors Wife" by Mrs Warmbrand

Thoughout Catholic church history, authentic believers were burned at the stake by those who followed religion instead of Jesus. Read "Foxes Book of Martyes"

Today you will find authentic believers risking life and limb to live out thier faith in love and mercy. You will find more Christian charities than any other religion in the world. In my very small new church we have many charities. Since the church is new we are just putting some together.

We are working to provide love, support, clothing, and companionship in an 80 bed convalescent hospital where the elderly have been forgotten. Some have no clothes but for what they came from the hospital in, gowns with no backs to them.

We have a group of mothers who provide love, support and resources to young mothers. My mom is making recieving blankets. she is a 76 year old ex JW.

You can bitch all you want about how evil and cruel Christians are and how they are the cause of all the world's woes all you want if it makes you feel better. Evil people have used religion for evil. Authentic Christians have given glory to Jesus Christ by a life of love, giving, and mercy. The road is narrow when you look at the big picture, but not the way the WT uses it.

Matthew 25:42-45 for I was hungry, and you didn't give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn't take me in; naked, and you didn't clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn't visit me.' "Then they will also answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn't help you?' "Then he will answer them, saying, 'Most assuredly I tell you, inasmuch as you didn't do it to one of the least of these, you didn't do it to me.'

• elatwra
    elatwra

When religious people get actual power in their hands the results are tragic. Whats the difference? True and undefiled religion is to take care of widows and orphans. Everything else is a matter of interpretation...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes it is sad but true.

All religion has to have its day.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit