Anyone had a breast reduction?

by bluesapphire 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Hi again. Remember we are not plastic surgeons (smile). Talk to your primary physician about your concerns, check through your HMO and see who practices plastic surgery and check out their credentials, how many breast reductions they have done, what their approval rating is, any complaints (check with the medical licensing agency in your state to start with). Research and choosing a surgeon you trust is one the best ways to have a good outcome. Interview the surgeon or surgeons as well. All the advice about elective surgery comes into play here too.

Like I said, everyone I know was happy with the outcome. One mentioned she could finally shop for clothes without coming home empty handed. The other said that her back problems almost totally cleared up. Another said the gouges in her shoulders were gone...first time since she was 13 (she was 44). Famous people who had breast reduction that I can think of off hand: Roseanne and Queen Latifah.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/web_links_folder/breast_reduction.html

Info and support.

Am I the only male willing to dip into this one? [Oops I see Avishai is here]

Jeff

• exjdub
    exjdub

Bluesapphire...you have a PM

• Mary
    Mary

The only person I know who did it was a sister in my old Hall. She was like a double F or G (she was absolutely huge up top). She had groves in her shoulders and her back ached all the time so she had breast reduction. She had some serious complications with infection for a long time. I spoke to her about a year ago about it. Although she's still quite large, she says she's glad she got it done.

I was just thinking: Can they reduce it by liposuction?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Imagine Eva Longoria with double D's! Yep, not too cute!

Ahhhhhh ..... I'm really wouldn't say, "not too cute."

That mental picture sure did bring a smile to my face though.

Rub a Dub

• Legolas
    Legolas

I had that done as did one of my sisters and my daughter (Lucifer from here) wants that done as well ....I took her to the doc back in Aug and are just awaiting word on when!

• acadian
    acadian

Hi bluesapphire, One of my younger sister's had a reduction, she was larger than a double d. She was very happy for many reasons after the reduction, such as you mentioned, but, her main problem was her back. Her reduction relieved much of that. Now I don't know if this is commom or not, but after a few yrs she regained much of her breast size back, not body weight. Please do your research, I believe every State has a medical board that will let you know if the doctor your considering has any mal-practice suits against them or other problems. Personally I wouldn't do anything if you are not having any phyisical problems, but I also realize that the way we precieve how we look, plays a big part in our daily lives and how we interact with one another. And if you are not comfortable with yourself, then most everything else sucks. And don't forget to ask the doctor's LOTS of questions, Be informed! Peace and love to you bluesapphire. Acadian

• daystar
    daystar

One of my very best friends had breast reduction surgery not too long ago. When she was rather svelt, her large breasts were actually rather... wow! But as she gained weight, she started to have back problems, etc.

My first reaction when she said she was going to have it done was "Nooooooooooo!!!..." But she says it was very much worth it.

My opinion is this: Women with small frames look great with larger breasts. But then again, I think they look great with smallish ones as well. You decide what's best for you, but I say keep them the way they are if you can.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thank you all so much. I was up until 1:00 last night doing research on line. (had to wait for hubby to leave for work and Tristan to fall asleep). I saw before and after pics. Truthfully, I didn't like the after pics OR the before pics. But these were drastic ... like Double F-G's down to B-C's. Mine is not that drastic.

I'm going to contact my HMO and start there. Whichever doctor they refer me is sure to have pictures of their own surgeries. And if they don't I will say, "Next..."

I know one thing for sure, I AM doing it. Exjw, thanks for the PM. Getting a man's perspective was really important because I just don't understand my husband's stance on this. It's my body. If he came to me and said he wanted to get his foreskin put back on, I would go, "Hey, whatever makes you happy..." But then again, I would also say, "How much is that gunna cost?" LOL!

So if it's covered by insurance, then that wont even be an issue.

LOL, Rubadub, on the Eva Longoria mental picture. I meant my frame though, unfortunately, not my face. I think Eva's face would look good on anyone!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

A friend of mine went from a DD to a C and is happy. She said she didn't need them that much! She is fine with them now, and is no longer in any pain.

Another friend of mine refuses to get it done and has been dealing with back and bra pain for the last 10 years now!

I believe liposuction of the breasts is part of the surgery itself. {From what I remember...it's been a while since I've watched my surgery shows}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit