Anyone had a breast reduction?

by bluesapphire 36 Replies latest jw friends

• brunhilda40
    brunhilda40

I have had a breast reduction and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I used to weight 394 pounds and lost 200 pounds on weightwatchers. My breast size had not changed, so I got one through medical insurance. It is a WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Wow Brun! That's awsome! Losing 20 was hard enough. I can't imagine having to loose 20 X 10! I applaude you! I'm sure you feel so much better healthwise and about yourself too. Keep it up, girl!

You know, why should women have to be objects of other womens' insecurities? And also men. I remember once I was out in service. I wore this dress that was below my knees, flowed beautifully and was not too tight. It had printed flowers on it, brown tones, perfect for a tanned skinned girl. The colar was up to my neck but then it slanted angularly toward my arm pits and under my pits and then back up. Then it went to the waist and had a belt and flowed from there. There was nothing inappropriate about it. It was 95 degrees and was perfect for service.

An elder told a pioneer sister to send me home because I was inappropriately dressed.

The pioneer sister became my MIL about a year later. And my husband told me that his mom told the elder to tell me himself, which he never did. That day I had spent 1.5 hours getting my twin 3 year old and 5 year old daughters ready for service. Does anyone know how hard it is to do that? We reached the territory and my twins fell in a puddle of mud about 1/2 hour into the service and I went home. So the elder got saved from having to tell me or I would have been so humiliated and hurt.

Imagine, in a dress like that! I would have to wear a moo-moo! I can't help my curves. But I was judged for them regardless. I think that was one of the reasons I got so depressed and allowed myself to gain weight. It DID feel better being chubbier. It felt - safer.

My husband was out in service that day and he says I was covered up all right but my breasts were just too "there". And this elder was the dad of my husband's buddy. I guess I was a regular topic in that household with the boys grabbing grapefruits and mocking my breasts. How humiliating is that? My husband says not to let it bother me ... that they probably jerked off after they sat there and bagged on me. Like that's supposed to comfort me? It disgusts me! The hypocrisy of it all. So this elder wanted to send me home why? Because I gave him a hard on? How is his lack of control my problem? Just because his itty bitty pencil couldn't get off with his own wife, so therefore, I have to go home?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Somewhat off the topic, but people need to start being concerned with themselves rather than others. No one is perfect, I would venture to guess especially the elders who would give you the trouble, but rather than improving themselves, they would make themselves seem better be belittling you behind your back.

Blue, your thoughtfulness and attitude on this procedure are incredible. The bottom line is to do what feels best to you, because I have noticed that a woman that feels good about herself tends to be a beautiful woman, those feelings show through!!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Insearchof, thank you so much for that!

It's my OWN insecurities that allow me to be affected by what others think about me. I need to look at myself naked in a mirror and ask, "Do you like them or don't you?"

And then I need to evaluate the risks vs. results. PERIOD.

I can't deny that those experiences caused me to WANT this surgery in the first place. But I can't allow those experiences to dis-empower me either.

It's me ... my body ... my life ... my next 40 years on this planet. What's gonna be next on myself, my nose because my brothers called me "ski-slope"?

• Schism
    Schism

I cannot BELIEVE how JW men can get so upset over their own lack of self-control! And then to take it out on you? And their jealous wives can't tell them to put their eyes back into their heads? No, I guess not...they always like to blame the woman in every situation.

Whew, I don't want to even get started on that. It makes me want to find some good castrating shears and go to the meeting Sunday to neuter all of them.

My little sister has been having E's or G's since she was about 14. She is 16 now, and they are still growing. She says they make her hurt and that she wants a reduction. One day, my mom and her friend were discussing this, and my dad and his friend overheard the conversation. Being idiot JW men, they said "she needs to wait until she's married to ask her HUSBAND'S opinion on having a reduction because they will be his breasts to judge".

I wasn't there, but if I was, I would have spit fire and made them cry for being so stupid. My mom said, "if they hurt her, it doesn't matter what you or any man thinks, she will do whatever the hell she wants with HER breasts". End of story.

If you want an operation done on your body, that's your business. I see no need to even try to convince your husband to be ok with it. I would tell him "look, I hate them, and they have got to go. You aren't a big-breasted woman, and until you become one, you can stay neutral".

But the thing is, do you really want a reduction? Don't think about the goofy men and their sons, or your husband. Those types of guys will stare and gawk at you anyway because men will do the same to a flat-chested girl. If you go through the reduction and they keep looking you over anyway (which they will), you might feel bad about blowing money for that reason. I think you should think hard about how much they make you physically uncomfortable, and how you'd like them to look on you, then go from there.

Why can't the gogglers learn that they make people uncomfortable by behaving like wild animals?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

While it's true that a smaller chested woman will get attention, having large breasts gets a different type of attention. Large breasts make some men act like idiots. It goes beyond, "Wow, you're a knock out."

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yea, "Wow you're a knock-out" would be a great compliment, although uncomfortable from a stranger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit