Anyone had a breast reduction?

by bluesapphire 36 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I'm a short 5'2" Latina. I have this tiny frame. I finally shed the 20 lbs. I have been needing to shed for years. But the problem is I am still a DD! I am seriously thinking about reduction to a full C. But when I go to the websites to do research, of course, there is only positive information.

Has anyone had this type of surgery? What do you think about it? Are you happy with the results? Does anyone regret it? What are the drawbacks? I've always felt out of proportion because my frame is very small. Imagine Eva Longoria with double D's! Yep, not too cute!

My husband, however, doesn't want me to do it. He doesn't think it's worth the money first of all. And second of all, he was and is attracted to my double D's. Unfortunately, for him, this is one of my hang-ups that I've always been uncomfortable with.

Please tell me if you've had it and what you think about it.

• blondie
    blondie

I have known women who did it with satisfactory results...just pick a good surgeon who is qualified and experienced in this particular type of surgery.

Blondie

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

What do you mean by "satisfactory"? I mean, physically satisfacory or are they HAPPY with their new size? Once I go down, I wont be able to afford to go back up so I really need to know how they FELT afterward. This is the type of feedback I am interested. Not just the medical aspect or the way they looked afterward, but how did the PERSON feel?

• blondie
    blondie

Able to fit into clothes better

No pain from bra straps cutting into shoulders

No infection afterwards

Little scarring

No loss of sensation

Sorry, "satisfactory" wasn't the best word. I would suggest having it done where if anything does go wrong, you can be whisked into a hospital. I have have surgery done in an out-patient clinic but in a building physically connected with the hospital.

I saw a show on TV last week about the danger of choosing the right doctor. They can be board certified but not necessarily in this kind of surgery.

Every woman I know who has had it done were happy with the results and wished they had had it done sooner.

Love, Blondie (just a big boob)

• becca1
    becca1

I've known several that have been happy. One in particular was even shorter than you, maybe 5'. She looked much better after. She was trully out of proportion before. But, like Blondie said, make sure you research your surgeon and that he or she has done many such surgeries before.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I know of three ladies that have had the surgery. One lady said that the surgery, actually, made her back hurt worse. The other two were very happy. One even said that I can now wear a T-Shirt without a bra.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thank you. This is what I need to hear. Does anyone know anyone who regretted it? I am almost sure I would be thrilled after all this time. I just want to do it. I'm going to look into it more. But I don't know anyone whose had it so I really need to see how they feel afterward.

And I especially need to see the doctors before and afters.

• avishai
    avishai

My ex dropped a bunch of weight after a reduction and then got implants. Her idea, not mine.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have known several people who had it done and all are thrilled with it. There is scarring, and you have to be prepared for it, but it isn't awful and a good surgeon will give you such a nice shape that the thin scar will not get in the way of anything. Biggest issues are possible loss of sensitivity(none of my friends have complained of that side effect) and breast feeding issues possibly. I have fed my kids both ways and they all survived and are happy, so don't let that deter you if the size of your breasts are an issue for you. The scar won't show unless you are a naturist or flasher:)Frankly, I don't think your husband should be disappointed with a C cup-thats still pretty generous! It is your body, and while I think a lot of decisions are marital ones, this is personal. He married you, I assume, not the breasts, so he will get over it. You might well have lost them with the weight and he would have had the same results, just saggier! He can be happy you will have professionally shaped breasts:) Or just happy that you are not plagued with back pain and shoulders scarred from permanent bra indentations. Or just plain happy that he has such a lovely wife (that is your pic?) who is healthy. Ah, he should just hush up already!:) Your insurance may even pay for it if you are that out of proportion and have lost the weight. Just go to your primary care doc and complain about the sore back/shoulder issues. Your losing weight should show that you have done all you can for the problem. They'll set you right up.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

What do you mean "they'll set me up?" So my primary doctor can refer me to a plastic surgeon? I have an HMO. I'm not so sure I want an HMO plastic surgeon. But I guess that's a good place to start.

I've carried the extra weight for about 5-6 years. It's gone up and down but usually around 20 lbs. I've never lost it up top though. But I DO know that I have back aches a lot. And when I was heavier I had leg pain too. I don't have anything wrong with my shoulders though that I know of but my neck is stiff quite a bit.

Who knows, maybe the money wont be an issue if I get it covered by my insurance? I hadn't thought of going that route. Provided it's a good surgeon with a good track record.

I have already had my share of children. My son will be 4 in January and that's it for me. So breastfeeding is not an issue. But the sensitivity and scarring is something I need to think about. I wish I could see someone in real life whose had it done. Pictures just don't cut it.

My mind has already been pretty much made up. But every time I bring it up to my husband he has a cow and says I'm obsessed with this. I'm not "obsessed" but it is an issue for me and my self confidence. Money is also a huge issue so if it IS covered by insurance, well that's the more better. Half the battle...

The one woman who regretted it, do you happen to know what she regretted? Is it that she's smaller now or is it the scarring, lack of sensitivity, what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit