What?!

by Amanda001 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amanda001
    Amanda001

Well, today I came home from work and I found some pamphlet from a Jehovah's Witness on my doorstep. I began to read it because before I state what I believe I think it is only fair that I find out some info. It was the flyer about the end of false religion. The beginning states a good message, that people are doing crazy things in the name of their religion or God. But as I read down, I read the part about immoral sex. It states in the flyer that some church groups ordain gay and lebian marriages. Obviously, Jehovah's Witnesses do not ordain gay marriages. Well, if JW's are all about loving each other and follow God's word of loving thy neighbor and all that stuff, why couldn't they ordain a gay marriage? If a man truly loves another man, and wants to marry him, who cares if they get married? If they have pure intentions of getting married becaue they love each other and want to share that love for each other, they should be able to get married! Who are you to judge them????? Who are you to say that they cannot be with each other? You have no right to judge what others are donig, especially if they do it all without bothering you.

Ok, so I then went online to find out more about JW's. What I found out is that JW's seem to be involved in a cult, rather than a religion or way of life. If a family member decides to stop practicing this religion, they are banned from the family with no communication allowed. If family is supposed to be so important to these people, why would you ban a member? I have personally known two different people whose families have banned them because they said they didn't want to believe the stuff they were told. Wait a second... Someone actaully got condemned because they decided to not just BELIEVE what they were told?

Which brings me to my next point. Obviously people considered to think freely are not welcome in this group of people. As a JW, you are spoon-fed what is thought to be true. And you just go on believing it, no questions asked. That sounds like a sad world to me. A world where you don't question what is around you, what is thought to be true and good, where you don't try to seek truth for yourself, is a world that I do not wish to be a part of. Oh, and for how many years have JW's been saying that Armaggeddon is coming? They have been wrong time and time again. And I guess I am going to be 1 of the 5 billion people that perish when God decides we have no more right to live. I think of myself as a good person. I work hard, I volunteer my time for animals and people. I am considerate to others. Sure I've lied, sure I've done wrong things in my life, but overall, I try to be a good person. I am saddened by the thought of war, poverty, sickness, and I help others in need whenever I can. But I don't believe in God. I think it is selfish to do good deeds because you want to go to Heaven or be saved. It's only for you. I help others because it's the right thing to do. Because this world has gone down the drain. So, when the world ends, I will not be saved because I am not a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS? That is ridiculous, and so is this religion. I welcome all comments, but if one more eprson says they are going to pray for me or they feel sorry for me that I don't believe what they believe, save it because i don't want to hear it. I don't want to be prayed for or saved. I am saved in the fact that I think for myself, that I am not brain-washed...

Oh, and if this comment isn't published... I wouldn't be surprised

• ballistic
    ballistic

Welcome! hehe.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Brilliant.....you not them. Welcome!

• Celia
    Celia

Hi Amanda,

There is a discussion about the new tract, and go see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoxvJVDO4QI

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Amanda You are preaching to those who are already converted.

Most of us have already realized it is a cult and left.

A few active JWs post here and a few that due to family situation are still nominal JWs

Oh, and if this comment isn't published... I wouldn't be surprised

Not here. The more people have their eyes opened to the beliefs of JWs the better. However, if you do post this on a real JW discussion board, it would most likely be deleted and your account along with it.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Welcome Amanda, you will find a lot of great information herein as well as on www.freeminds.org and many of the other sites that are linked on freeminds. I feel that anyone who does any critical thinking when looking at this organization will come to realize the problems with the organization and see right through it, but once they get sucked in, it is very difficult to get out, for the isolate you from all that you once knew that could help and protect you.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Amanda-

Welcome to the board!! We welcome your post and comments!! Actually, most of us here feel pretty much the same way you do!! Most of us have been injured, in some way, by the jehovah's witnesses and their cult. Yes, I said cult!!

Can I point you to another board that is mainly active jehovah's witnesses? http://ewatchman-exposed.co.uk/research/

You probably won't get a very good response there, I have to warn you!! Please feel free to come here any time you wish!!

• TopHat
    TopHat

You have just stumbled into the CHOIR....and your voice is welcome

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ok, so I then went online to find out more about JW's. What I found out is that JW's seem to be involved in a cult, rather than a religion or way of life. If a family member decides to stop practicing this religion, they are banned from the family with no communication allowed. If family is supposed to be so important to these people, why would you ban a member? I have personally known two different people whose families have banned them because they said they didn't want to believe the stuff they were told. Wait a second... Someone actaully got condemned because they decided to not just BELIEVE what they were told?

Brilliant. Most people here will agree with most of what you said. There are very few JW defenders here.

Everything in your second paragraph (above) is my sentiment also.

• onesong
    onesong

A warm welcome Amanda!

I don't know your story but you've got the JW's pegged. I was in for 35 yrs. and my family and lifelong friends have rejected me because I no longer share their beliefs.

This tract is certainly going to raise some eyebrows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit