Lets say something positive about Islam!

by eyeslice 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Christianity has been full of violence right up till the last century - just think about WW1 and 2. Prior to that the history of Christian was full of blood, the Crusades, etc.

Islam still seems to be in its Dark Ages but somehow I don't think it will be centuries before Islam 'grows up'.

I thought this was the "positive statements about Islam thread", not the "Make the dumbest statement you can possibly make" thread.

If Islam "grows up", it'll be because outsiders force it to grow up, not because it has the capacity within itself to do so. Islam is the retarded kid of world religions.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Unfortunately great fertilizer helps things to grow and the blood of a people is a great fertilizer.

Yep, Islam's growth is built on bloodshed, no doubt about that.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I have traveled widely in Asia and have visited Iran on business. I have always found the average Muslim to be extremely hospitable and generous.

I have, as well...............traveled in Asia, that is. I've been to Malaysia twice and I agree. The Muslims I know are very nice people, with close, loving families (some of the men have more than one wife, but it is okay with the wives).

There are many Muslims in our community and I speak to them whenever I have the opportunity. Some work in the bank, but I see many at the grocery store and at Costco. They are so nice and the children are adorable.

When I was pioneering, I called on a woman from Turkey, who had moved here so her husband could work in a local hospital. He was a doctor. She was lovely, but I brought a man with me once, and she wouldn't even look at him and asked me not to do that again.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I doubt there is anyone who's posted to this thread that doesn't know a nice Muslim or two. But the thread is about Islam, not individuals. In the same vein, I doubt there are many here who'd judge the WBTS based on the nice individual Dubs they know.

Stephanus,

of the "is off to buy veges off our local Muslim guy, who happens to be a very nice bloke" class.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've no time for Islam - but one has to admire the extended family arrangement! Here in the west, in general, when our parents get old we tend to put them in old folk's homes - or leave them to their own devices in their own homes. Muslims encourage looking after the elderly in one big family home and give them due honour and respect. I think we could learn from that.

Ian

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Well said Stephanus. Rock on!!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

They were not the first suicide mass murderers!

• free2beme
    free2beme

At least there are not a lot of them in my home town. That is something positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit