How long did your exit process take?

by StillGroggy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

This has probably been posted before, but I'm new here.

for those who DAed or DFed, how long did your exit take and why?

I'm trying to figure out how long It'll take me to get out.

Thanks

• garybuss
    garybuss

Believing walkaway for 18 years. Reading and education 5+ more years. I'm still a work in progress. The most disturbing thing I ever read was Crisis of Conscience. That one book answered all the questions the elders couldn't answer, every single one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Approximately 3 1/2 years from first doubts to hitting the ejection lever and 'punching out.'

It took about 3 minutes to escape the doomed aircraft:

P.O.: Hello

Me: Hi, Mike. Will you please call Ken and get him on conference with us. I have some important information to give both of you.

P.O.: I'll get him.

Me: OK, are we all here? Mike? Ken?

P.O. Yes

Ken: Yes

Me: Great I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed working with both of you. However, due to the apostasy of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses in regards to their hidden affiliation with the United Nations I resign.

P.O. Now Bob, have you talked to Bethel about this?

Me: This afternoon. Maybe I need to make it a bit clearer for you.

I QUIT

Have a good night.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I started researching the wts independently of their publications in September last year, having been missing meetings for a few weeks, and handed in my da letter on November 1st, so a couple of months at most.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi, I'm going on 11 years and still not out. I've stayed for Family. I agree with the Statement about Crisis of Conscience, it's a good read. Good luck, seek2find

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

My only family in the cult is doing the fade so I don't think she'll shun me, My wife's family however is . My wife is the only reason I haven't pulled the plug yet.

I'm getting myself mentally ready for potential ways my life could go if/When I decide to leave. My guess is due to family ties she won't leave the organization, but hopefully she won't divorce me once i leave.

However, I don't underestimate the power of family ties and the org brainwashing, and I'm getting myself mentally ready to get "canned" by my wife for apostasy

However, I'll let that same drive that kept me a witness all these years, the drive to do what I feel is right, keep me strong. Ironic, no?

BTW, 6-8 months is my timeframe

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Two months ago I started my active fade. I was already determined that I
    needed to escape the WT, but did not want to lose family contacts. In
    August, I turned in a letter of resignation as an elder, citing doubts in the GB.
    I have had the talk with the elders, and a brief encounter with the CO which
    went terrible (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/121888/1.ashx). This month,
    I think I will turn in NO field service hours- start being inactive. I don't know how
    long I will continue to go to meetings- perhaps cutting way back, I will continue
    for years for the wife's sake.

If you are worried about the wife and her family, I think the key is not to give
    anybody anything in writing. Don't continually bombard the wife with negatives
    about the WTS, just keep giving some as she can take it. As much as you
    would like to, avoid doctrinal discussions with other JW's. If you do these
    things, they never have a reason to DF you, certainly never have 2 witnesses
    to apostasy. Now, you can fade or you can DA or DF when you are ready.

But, much advice will be given here. How long to exit- you can exit right now
    if you want to.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I studied out my questions for 2 months, and spent 10 on letter writing to headquarters, meeting w/ elders and CO, etc. Then people started pressing about my reasons for being absent from meetings, etc. in the name of encouragement. Well, my thinking was, "I'll be damned if Watchtower Society will make ME out to look spiritually weak when THEY are the ones treasonously betraying their own standards..." So I started telling the people who were concerned about me. In no time flat, an investigative committee visited me. Then I was invited to a Judicial Committee "hearing" and I told them I would give them my answer the following Sunday. My answer was my "un"-association letter, which they accepted as a DA letter.

If someone can potentially be disfellowshipped for honestly answering the questions of a fellow concerned congregant, something is terribly wrong.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

OntheWayOut, That's excellent advice. I will be careful to say nothing except here or

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    My answer was my "un"-association letter, which they accepted as a DA letter.

LOL!

Never did I think that Kent's, MacH's and Zev's initial exposure, followed by me getting that 2001 facsimile from Hoffel, followed by getting and scanning all those DPI annual books and then followed by Mad Apostate exposing the 1991 and 1976 WT article would have created such an uproar.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit