How long did your exit process take?

by StillGroggy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I read a JW expose' book at a library and six months later I wrote my exit letter to Brooklyn WT headquarters. That was back in 1988. Using the Internet would have made it a lot easier for me today- I could have made my mind up in six weeks today

• Mulan
    Mulan

we faded over about 2 1/2 years. So far not disfellowshipped or da'd. Almost 10 years since we set foot in a KH.

My husband was a very prominent elder, but starting traveling to Japan for work and then started his own business. I was seldom at meetings so they believed him when he said he needed to give attention to his "spiritually ailing wife" and also the business. So he resigned with no red flags. After that it was pretty easy to just fade out. We still went to book study almost every week, because it was at our closest friend's home and they were sympathetic and not inclined to rat us out. The KH became a seldom attend situation.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

After our son stumbled upon the UN-WT hypocrisy on the internet, we took about 1 year to verify all of the things we were finding out (mainly from this forum) we also read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom (Ray Franz's books). We wrote to the London Bethel and the elders in the congregation, but the Bethel didn't even have the decency to respond to our letter (at that point we were only asking questions) two of the elders came to see us, and we gave them photocopies of all of the info that we had - including a letter from the UN. They went away saying that they would look into matters - We waited months for their response but none came, so in the end we wrote to the Cong and said that if we didn't hear from them within 14 days we wished for our names to be taken off as members of JW. They responded in exactly 14 days, advising that they had taken our names off the cong.list. That was of course signed by three elders. So much for shepherds looking after the sheep.

In all I think it took about 1 - 2 years to finally be free from them.

Twink & Kaytee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit